Printout a score Yamaha Genos

Yamaha Genos digital workstation keyboard

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar United States of America
tonylukejr

Printout a score Yamaha Genos

Unread post by tonylukejr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:58 am

Hi everyone, I composed a song in midi on the Yamaha Genos. Now I would like to print out the score of the song but I don't know how. I cant seem to find out how to do it in the manual or online.
Any help would be very much appreciated

Thank You
Tony
User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Printout a score Yamaha Genos

Unread post by parametric » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi Tony, and welcome to the Forums . . . .

I don't own a Genos, but searching around, I can find nothing about printing YOUR OWN Compositions.

It is suggested that your can print out Songs you have bought from Yamaha - NOT what you want . . .

You may need to use a DAW to do this.

Quantise the Song inside the Genos and then export it as a midi file.

Import it into a DAW. Many DAWs can display the file as notes - and may be able to print it out from here . . .

I mentioned quantising, because midi is a very high resolution system, and without this, the resulting score will

probably look ridiculous - with double and triple-dotted notes and rests - so you may well need to EDIT the result

to get something that looks reasonable.

Midi measures it's crotchets (quarter-notes) in ticks, there being typically 384 ticks per quarter note . . .

so you see the problem.

We believe we can play in strict tempo, but midi will not see it as such - and will record it PRECISELY . . .

Quantising can be done on the way IN (when recording) or afterwards - in a DAW . . . .

Reading up on Quantisation will explain this, and more and enable you to choose the amount to apply to best

get what you want . . . .

another route is by using Notation Software (Dorico, Sibelius, Finale) - but they tend to be expensive, although

the entry-level versions may well do ENOUGH for what you want . . .

Hope that Helps . . .

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Return to “Yamaha Genos Forum”