Yamaha Genos Pedal

Yamaha Genos digital workstation keyboard

Moderators: Derek, Buzzard, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
sandys

Yamaha Genos Pedal

Unread post by sandys » Thu May 02, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi guys!
I often use a pedal to bend notes (by assigning it to Glide function), but find that it is not as responsive as using the joystick. I've tried with a number of pedals, but with no luck. Has anyone found a pedal that would be as responsive as the joystick?

Many thanks in advance for your inputs/suggestions.
Sandy
puremusic

Re: Yamaha Genos Pedal

Unread post by puremusic » Fri May 03, 2019 12:31 am

Oh good question. I hope you get a good answer. I'm never as adapt with my feet as I am with my hands. Have you tried a DP-10? I find a spring's resistance helps with my control. I'm going to add a spring to my FC7 and see how that works out.
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia CS80 - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Fri May 03, 2019 10:15 am

Hi Sandy, welcome to the forums :)

puremusic has already mentioned the DP-10 and FC7. The FC7 is quite a versatile pedal. It does have a spring built in. The pedal normally comes with the spring not active but there is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the pedal where you can bring the spring into play as well as adjust the angle at which the pedal becomes active. It's a great all round pedal and I think would work well for what you intend to do.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
sandys

Unread post by sandys » Fri May 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Saul wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:15 am
Hi Sandy, welcome to the forums :)

puremusic has already mentioned the DP-10 and FC7. The FC7 is quite a versatile pedal. It does have a spring built in. The pedal normally comes with the spring not active but there is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the pedal where you can bring the spring into play as well as adjust the angle at which the pedal becomes active. It's a great all round pedal and I think would work well for what you intend to do.
Thanks Saul - I have tried the DP-10, but that doesn't work for all instances - especially when i need a quick bend. I have the FC-7, but did not know it has a spring - I will definitely try that tonight.

Thanks for your help!! This is a great forum!
sandys

Unread post by sandys » Fri May 03, 2019 10:12 pm

puremusic wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:31 am
Oh good question. I hope you get a good answer. I'm never as adapt with my feet as I am with my hands. Have you tried a DP-10? I find a spring's resistance helps with my control. I'm going to add a spring to my FC7 and see how that works out.
Thanks for your response. I have tried the DP-10, but not great results. I did not know the FC-7 had a spring - so I am going to check that out tonight. I'll keep you posted.
BTW - I've had to learn to get good with my feet because a lot of the music I play requires bends and chord changes simultaneously - and I was born with just 2 hands :) :lol:
puremusic

Unread post by puremusic » Fri May 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Neither did I, I guess you should even read the manual with a foot pedal. Thanks Saul!

Looking at it now looks like I can adjust the angle it sits at by adjusting a screw too, that helps a lot as well... It seems I had it set up for standing performance position instead of sitting all this time. Ouch.

Hmm. It feels better now. I don't think the spring included with it will ever make it feel like piano pedal like the DP-10, so I may still jury rig something. It does feel smoother now though. I know I have a box of springs somewhere, one might do for this, I really need to organize my tool room.
Kontakt - Arturia CS80 - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
puremusic

Unread post by puremusic » Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 am

How are you getting along sandys?

I just tried out a spring in the heel of my FC-7 tonight. The built in spring appears to be a resistance spring at the end of the pedal so you can give a little jump at around max. The additional spring I tried out in the heel gave me the control I needed to more easily do smooth expression control.

I also use something called a MIDI Expression. This is a foot pedal hub, with a USB out to my PC. The software that comes with it allows you to implement 'smoothing' to remedy any lack of fine foot control, I can set it to whatever degree I want, it's great.

Return to “Yamaha Genos Forum”