Yamaha Gos 2.0

Yamaha Genos digital workstation keyboard

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar Hungary
Zotti

Yamaha Gos 2.0

Unread post by Zotti » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:37 am

Hello everyone,

The much-awaited and well-deserved update is slowly arriving.

Hi.
Zotti

Advertisement
1000 Free EDM Samples
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha Gos 2.0

Unread post by Saul » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:55 am

Interesting little teaser there. Looks like there are some great updates coming although not sure why the 3.0Gb exp memory thing wasn't there from the start? Now...if they could just enable usb as an audio interface I would be very happy. Even though I don't own a Genos and there is no prospect of me getting one any time soon they will, eventually come into my price range on the used market. Could be a bit of a wait though :(
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Hungary
Zotti

Unread post by Zotti » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:15 am

Saul,

You're right, you should have started with 3 GB. The AUDIO / MIDI interface would make GENOs useful and professional.
However, it is commendable that they have been dealt with so quickly since the last update and did not have to wait until 2020.
I'm hopeful ...
User avatar Norway
Gunnar J

Unread post by Gunnar J » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:28 pm

More news added at Yamaha Genos Product site today, and a new info video is to find at Yamaha Youtube channel
Date for release of the v2 is November 15. ๐Ÿ‘
User avatar Gibraltar
jimossi

Unread post by jimossi » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi

Please excuse what may be a silly question, but is the V2.0 upgrade a firmware upgrade or a new physical keyboard?

The language used to describe V2.0 would imply it's a firmware update, but if that were the case then how can a firmware update increase memory from 1.8GB to 3GB? :think:

I've just ordered a Genos online and only just seen the V2.0 announcement and I need to know if I should cancel my order (I have time as they are awaiting stock) and wait for the new one to come out, or go ahead with my order as I'll only have to update it.

Thanks.
User avatar Gibraltar
jimossi

Unread post by jimossi » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi All

I'm going to answer my own question as I called Yamaha to get the answer - it's a firmware update and the reason for the upgraded RAM is because the flash memory will be repartitioned slightly differently to provide that much extra space.

Apparently they've received quite a few calls asking the same question and they've passed on the message to the web developers to please make it clearer and avoid the ambiguity. Good to know I'm not the only one. :D
User avatar Norway
Gunnar J

Unread post by Gunnar J » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:54 pm

It's ready to download:

europe(dot)yamaha(dot)com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Read the info before start the update to avoid loss of saved data.

2.0 Downloaded โ˜‘,
Installed โ˜‘,
Yem 2.6 and packs installed โ˜‘.
Downloaded all updated addons such as new manuals, Playlist for the new pack and other updated dokuments. โ˜‘
Everything went smooth and sucessfully. โ˜‘ โœ”
Various and nice style&soundpack, I like the 60's part of it a lot. ๐Ÿ˜
Now I'm going to take a futher look into the new stuff..... ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘ ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽต
User avatar Great Britain
guitarman34

Unread post by guitarman34 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:18 pm

I've also carried out the update and it seems ok but I did have a message about incorrect shutdown (or similar) data lost, even though I did everything as directed. All my own songs and setting seems ok. What I can't figure out is what new styles and voices have been added. Anyone know if they are in a separate section somewhere?
User avatar Norway
Gunnar J

Unread post by Gunnar J » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 pm

That message has been seen of several others that installed, but don't seem to be any problen. Everythings works OK as far as I've seen till now,

The new styles is not a part of the updatefile, it's a separate pack that you have to download and install via YEM or USB.
The styles will show up in the Expansion folder among other installed addonpacks you may have. The pack is downloadable form the downloadsite, just scroll down and you'll find it.
Also there is updated manuals, a new playlist with suggestions for the styles and more. Just explore the site, and you'll see. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Don't forget to update YEM to v2.6 as well, that's nessesary to work with G-v2.

Good luck, have fun!
guitarman34

Unread post by guitarman34 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:56 am

Thanks, yes I copied a link elsewhere to the expansion pack and have installed via USB. I copied it to a USB stick,, connected the USB to Genos and went to Expansion from the main menu and added the file. Quite a few styles and voices, many voices are synth basses and few styles are ground breaking but that depends on your requirements - and they are free!. Wanted to post a link here but the site does not allow that.

Bob
User avatar Hungary
stibi

Unread post by stibi » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:32 pm

My dear Genos Friends,
I would like to know, how to reach the user voices from my DAW software.
I have installed the GENOS 2.0 SuperiorPack and I can use them on Genos keyboard,
but I would like to use them from my DAW software also
and I do not know their voice number (MSB, LSB, PC(1..128)).
Thanks for the help
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by parametric » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:41 am

Hi stibi, and welcome to the forums . . . .

I think THIS is what you need . . . . ?

genos_en_dl_f0.pdf
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 15 times

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Return to โ€œYamaha Genos Forumโ€