Chantel McGregor - Otley Courthouse - Saturday 15th September, 8pm

Industry events. Guitar Shows, Music Fairs etc. Local and World Wide.

Moderator: parametric

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Chantel McGregor - Otley Courthouse - Saturday 15th September, 8pm

Unread post by Saul » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 am

Chantel McGregor.png
The Blues came calling first, but rock was always waiting around the corner. Well it would be, wouldn’t it? Coming from the deep south, it was inevitable, but living in the deep south of Bradford, there’s a gritty hard edge to life! A female guitar prodigy, Chantel was told by a major label that she had a "great voice, but girls don't play guitar like that!" Wisely ignoring their comments, she enrolled at the Leeds College of Music and became the first student in the college’s history, to achieve a 100% pass mark at BTEC, with 18 distinctions.

After years of touring and festival appearances, Chantel returned with a vengeance with ten new songs that not only salutes contemporary rock, but shows her gradual transition from conventional Blues to a harder, bigger and bolder rock sound.

Come along and support one of our most talented local artists, for a night of acoustic blues music from one of the UK’s rising stars.

Otley Courthouse Arts Centre
Saturday 15th September 2018, 8pm
Book Tickets Here

Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Re: Chantel McGregor - Otley Courthouse - Saturday 15th September, 8pm

Unread post by parametric » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:18 pm

THAT is amazing . . . . .

No so much a COVER - more of a Clone 8O (Y)

This is ONE of many examples of the original:

I've ALWAYS been a big fan of Robin Trower since the 70's - and had always considered his style just too complex to immitate . . .

Obviously I am WRONG :lol: She is not only a very gifted player, but has studied Robin's style incredibly closely . . . . .

My girlfriend at the time was huge fan - and I went to many gigs with her to see him . . .

IMO, the three-piece is the pinnacle of the art really, especially LIVE.

Artistry has to be exceptional if it's NOT to sound thin and lacking.

The Guitar HAS to be a lead-accompaniment style - as Eric once put it . . . .

Stunning.

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Return to “EVENTS”