Casio Music UK Documentary Tuesday 15th Oct

Industry events. Guitar Shows, Music Fairs etc. Local and World Wide.

Moderator: parametric

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Casio Music UK Documentary Tuesday 15th Oct

Unread post by Saul » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Anthea Turner - Jodie Abacus.jpg
Anthea Turner talks to Casio Artist Jodie Abacus for London Live.
Casio Music UK have partnered with London Live’s #HotTopics for a new and exclusive documentary that looks into music education in the UK and the positive impact of music on the mental health. Tune in to London Live on Tuesday 15th October 7.30pm

Watch on FREEVIEW Channel 8, SKY Channel 117, VIRGIN Channel 159 and YOUVIEW channel 8.

@CasioMusicUK

@LondonLive
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
Advertisement
1000 Free EDM Samples
User avatar United States of America
shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Casio Music UK Documentary Tuesday 15th Oct

Unread post by shelly0624 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:03 pm

This sounds interesting. I like keeping up with the Casio line. (I didn't even know there was a "youview"). I'll check it out..
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:16 pm

shelly0624 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:03 pm
This sounds interesting. I like keeping up with the Casio line. (I didn't even know there was a "youview"). I'll check it out..
Yeah YouView was supposed to be a fantastic new way to watch a lot of channels for free. It was a repackaged 'Freeview' service. Not that great as it turns out. The software and the hardware are just too slow. And often it just doesn't work. Prefer Freesat, Netflix and Amazon Prime. I think you have a equivalent of Freeview/Youview in the states but can't remember what it's called now?
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Don't forget to tune into this tonight folks. Not sure how interesting it will be but there is most certainly a case for the therapeutic benefits of music in all forms of illness and it can often help speed recovery. Worth a watch I think?
Luena Martinez.jpeg
Luena Martinez - Casio Music and London Live
Luena Martinez.jpeg (71.02 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Anthea Turner and Gabriella Giaimis .jpg
Anthea Turner with Gabriella Giaimis for London Live
Anthea Turner and Gabriella Giaimis .jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by shelly0624 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Will you be able to watch a replay, I wonder?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Not sure if it will be on replay. It says it is not available right now. By the way if you are on the London Live website and you see a blue button that says 'Watch Now' ignore it. It's a link to a site called myway.com and it installs a very dodgy addon into your browser that leads to all sorts of unwanted redirects! It has nothing to do with London Live and is an advert served by Google.

Couldn't actually get the program here. There is no YouView channel 8 on our box. Probably because we are outside London. Also on the TV we have FreeSat not Freeview...well we do have it but no terrestrial aerial plugged in as we use broadband rather than the over air signal.

So...great idea but very limited coverage. Perhaps it will be available online at some point.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by parametric » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:29 pm

Yeah, sadly London Live doesn't belong to the "club" . . . so no catchup available . . . i.e. Freeview Play . . . .

I have recorded it, so could make it available privately - but don't want to tread on any corns, by doing so . . . :roll:

it was nice to see youngsters inspired by the possibilities, and engaging with the concept . . . .

Great that Casio got involved. It will do them no harm at all . . . .

The Sound quality on my TV was rather distorted, which is unsurprising given the size of it's speakers, but then the manufacturers

think that's OK . . . . so perhaps it is? :x

Unsurprisingly, Nodorff-Robbins are also involved . . . . The importance of Music Therapy it not well publicised or even understood

much outside of those who practice it . . . .

This lack of understanding obviously extends to the Department of Education - in their Rush to remove Music from the curriculum . . . :naughty:

Music is SUCH a unique thing that troubled or damaged individuals, can find that doors are UNLOCKED for them - by interacting

with an instrument or even other musicians. Doors that remain LOCKED when explored by other means . . . . :think:

When I worked at the Uni, we offered a degree course in Music Therapy. One of the academics teaching it, finished out her

PhD in Music Therapy, prior to teaching the course there. She was actually underwritten by the Nodorff-Robbins Foundation.

I believe Sir Elton is a Patron . . . .

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:13 am

Shame it was such a limited coverage. I don't see how broadcasting it on a local channel like London Live really helps push the issue into the consciousness of the general public. This should have been on national television.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by shelly0624 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:46 am

I'm not sure what was covered, but the benefits of making music and listening to it is common sense. Music, of all the expressive gifts, can help with healing ..mentally, emotionally, and even physically. For the songwriter, it lets the things that are inside come out, which serves a double purpose since those who are on the receiving end of an honest song can find common ground. It can change the whole atmosphere of a room. I like to listen to instrumental music, guitar or piano, when I'm busy throughout the day ...or I start listening to my own wheels turn. (I can think of a couple of guys here whose songs I would like to have on a CD). Anyway, it can change your perspective.

Making music is a profound release --not underrating the other arts --but introverted people can come out of themselves in a unique way. Unfortunately, I've watched school electives favoring the arts become a footnote in the curriculum. Often it's funding, here in the states. I was lucky in one regard. My high school art teacher didn't even give me assignments. He said, "Use what you want, Shell." The art room was well-stocked, not like it is nowadays. In the school districts here, levies almost never pass. (And when they do, they STILL don't put anything into extracurricular subjects).

To recognize music as a viable healing element would be a big step forward, but the fact is, in a high school setting anyway, it would probably require someone who would donate their time, probably after school. I've volunteered at schools and brought my own art supplies because teachers have to pay for anything extra out of their own pocket. School subjects and budgets have been streamlined to strictly "meat and potatoes" academia. But what a marvelous thing someone could bring to students, not only to encourage creativity, but to teach them to help people on a whole new level. I could totally see this subject, healing through music, taught in our local college and it would be received very well.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:21 am

For me, music is a great problem solver. If I am having a drought of ideas on a project I play guitar for a while and it all becomes clear :) What an amazing, magical thing music is :)

Unfortunately It's ALL about the money these days. Or perhaps how it is spent on the wrong things. We waste so much money in this country on things that have no tangible benefit for anyone other than those directly involved. I dread to think how many millions are syphoned off every year to fund politicians trips and expenses on so called "research" missions that actually are nothing more than an excuse to live it up in luxury hotels and dine in fine restaurants at our expense! Don't get me started on that one! :/:

The good news is that Casio will be making the video available through their social media channels. So all of us, no matter where you are will get a chance to see it.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:54 pm

The video is online now folks :)

Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Return to “EVENTS”