Maple in Vintage Series

Dowina produce incredible hand crafted acoustic guitars. Using the best tone woods these guitars are wonderful to play and beautiful to look at.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar Canada
Fregly

Maple in Vintage Series

Unread post by Fregly » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:01 am

Would Dowina make a guitar with Flamed Maple in the Vintage Series or are they strick about the configurations? I assume it would be an upcharge.
Advertisement
1000 Free EDM Samples
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Maple in Vintage Series

Unread post by Saul » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:54 am

Fregly wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:01 am
Would Dowina make a guitar with Flamed Maple in the Vintage Series or are they strict about the configurations? I assume it would be an upcharge.
Now that's an interesting thought ((i))

Dowina are a pretty flexible company when it comes to different configurations. If you have a specific Vintage model in mind I can ask?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Canada
Fregly

Unread post by Fregly » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:04 am

Hi Saul,

A GA with Flamed Maple and Dolomite Spruce would float my boat. On another thread here you mentioned their website would have a custom configurater soon. That would be handy.
User avatar Canada
Fregly

Unread post by Fregly » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:41 pm

Will Dowina make a Vintage series Flamed Maple Dolomite GA no pickup? I ask again because I contacted them and did not receive a reply. I assume this means no to the request. Though the website is so basic and buggy I'm wondering if they got my email.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:01 am

Which website were you using? The main site is now dowina.com and that works fine.

I did ask about the flamed maple for the Vintage series but they are not doing that at the moment. They have the Acero in the Master Series which covers that one. It's part of differentiating the different model ranges.

The guitar configurator is going to happen but they have been tied up with other things at the moment. Dowina is still a small family business so they can't do everything at once but it is definitely happening.

There are options for the Vintage series For example you could have a Chardonnay in D, DC, GA or GAC model and with a choice of Solid US Sitka, Canadia Cedar or Dolomite Spruce top. Back and sides are all Solid American Walnut.

You can also specify with or without electronics and which pickup system you would like installed. The options for electronics is quite extensive.

FISHMAN:
Prefix Pro Blend
Ellipse Matrix Blend
Matrix Infinity
Presys
Presys+

LR BAGGS:
M 80
Anthem
Anthem SL
Stage Pro Anthem
Stage Pro
EAS (EAS-C) Element System.

So a lot more options than you would get from most guitar makers (Y)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.

Return to “Dowina Acoustic Guitar Forum”