Looking for an acoustic. Dowina on the RADAR.

Dowina produce incredible hand crafted acoustic guitars. Using the best tone woods these guitars are wonderful to play and beautiful to look at.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar India
vishtrinity

Re: Looking for an acoustic. Dowina on the RADAR.

Unread post by vishtrinity » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Saul wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:45 pm
Thanks for the link. I will see if I can get the Dowina site updated this week.

Must admit I am quite attached to the Rustica. I play it every day. It was the first Dowina I had and at the price point I have not found anything that compares with it. Better than a Taylor for sure and also I prefer it over my Seagull S6.
Hey..I am totally confused and trying to choose between seagull s6 original and dowina vectis.
I am a singer/songwriter and i need a wam mellow sounding guitar to accompany my singing.
Dilemma multiplying each time i compare.U are an owner of both guitars,so may be u cud guide me out of this situatiion.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:06 pm

vishtrinity wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Hey. I am totally confused and trying to choose between Seagull s6 original and Dowina Vectis.
I am a singer/songwriter and I need a warm mellow sounding guitar to accompany my singing.
Dilemma multiplying each time I compare. U are an owner of both guitars, so maybe u cud guide me out of this situation.
Hi vishtrinity, welcome to the forums :)

It is always a difficult thing to choose between guitars, especially when you have not played them.

As you know I do own several Dowina guitars and also the Seagull S6. It is tough to decide between them and depends a lot on what sort of sound you want to go for. I definitely play the Dowina more than the Seagull these days although my most played guitar is probably the Gordon Giltrap Vintage VE2000GG

I can definitely recommend the Vectis. It is a beautifully made guitar and sounds fantastic.

Are you able to demo any of the guitars you are interested in?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar India
vishtrinity

Unread post by vishtrinity » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:09 pm

hi,
Thanks for replying,
unfortunately I live out of europe and I don't have any dowina guitars in the guitar stores around here, so no, I won't be able to demo either of these two guitars.
I'll be ordering online, so just wanted to be sure, had there been a comparison of Seagull S6 V Dowina Vectis on yutube it would have been so much more easier for me to make up the decision, but I can't see any such video there :(

Return to “Dowina Acoustic Guitar Forum”