Yamaha P-515

Covers all Yamaha P Series Keyboards

Moderator: parametric

User avatar United States of America
dannyrichardson

Yamaha P-515

Unread post by dannyrichardson » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi everyone, I'm looking at getting the P-515 for my son as a birthday gift. He has two years of experience and is getting pretty good. Is this a good purchase?

Here's a resource that I found:
User avatar United States of America
puremusic

Re: Yamaha P-515

Unread post by puremusic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:31 pm

The piano players I know of who use it are all quite pleased with it. I haven't tried it myself, but I like the sound a lot, and I hear the action is very good. It sounds like a great gift, he should be very happy! :D

Though I will add a piano's feel and sound is a very personal choice, if your son is already an experienced pianist if possible it might be better to take him to try out some in a store first. If he's a newbie and/or this is a major step up to what he has, I think it's sure to be a pleasant surprise. :D
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia CS80 - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha P-515

Unread post by Saul » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:57 pm

dannyrichardson wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:08 pm
Hi everyone, I'm looking at getting the P-515 for my son as a birthday gift. He has two years of experience and is getting pretty good. Is this a good purchase?
That's an incredibly nice birthday gift for your son! And it sounds from what you have said that he has definitely taken to the piano so it is a worthwhile investment.

Key quality on the P-515 is excellent as are the sounds including of course the Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial concert grand pianos :)

I was trying to think of alternatives and the only thing that comes to mind is the Casio PX-S3000 but I don't think that is available in stores until next month.
Yamaha P-515.png
Yamaha P-515
Yamaha P-515.png (453.58 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Casio PX-S3000.png
Casio PX-S3000
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.

Return to “Yamaha P Series”