Yamaha p115 G# doesn't work half the time

Covers all Yamaha P Series Keyboards

Moderator: parametric

bigguy8432

Yamaha p115 G# doesn't work half the time

Unread post by bigguy8432 »

I just recently bought the Yamaha p115. I absolutely love it but today when I was playing I noticed that at C1 the G# doesn't work half the time and when it does it is very quiet. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to this.

Les Turnbull

Re: Yamaha p115 G# doesn't work half the time

Unread post by Les Turnbull »

Here is a video of cleaning the carbon contacts from dust and hair .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOYktmxhZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOYktmxhZI

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Yamaha p115 G# doesn't work half the time

Unread post by Saul »

bigguy8432 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:18 am
I just recently bought the Yamaha p115. I absolutely love it but today when I was playing I noticed that at C1 the G# doesn't work half the time and when it does it is very quiet. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to this.
I assume you didn't buy this new?

Les posted that link to the video about cleaning contacts which I think should help.

If the problem is isolated to just one key and it's intermittent it does sound more like a cleaning issue than a hardware problem. Of course it could be hardware but always best to go with the simplest solution first.

I would probably try compressed air first before dismantling the keyboard. You may be able to blow any dust or dirt out of there and save yourself a lot of work ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.