Korg Prophecy Cards

Discussion and information on the Korg range of keyboards and rack modules. Anything without it's own dedicated section can be discussed in here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

FailedMuso
Great Britain

Korg Prophecy Cards

Unread post by FailedMuso » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:45 pm

KORG SRC-512 RAM Card.png
Does anyone have any of the following Korg Prophecy expansion/memory cards that they might be willing to sell for a reasonable and realistic price?

SRC-512 RAM Card
PHC-11 Analogue & Vintage
PHC-12 Modern Models

I have the contents of the two PHC cards as SysEx data on a floppy disc that Korg released, but it involves overwriting the internal presets every time you want to use them. Sadly, the cards seem to be as rare as rocking horse doo doo and stupidly priced on the rare occasions they become available.

Rob.
Last edited by FailedMuso on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob Puricelli
FAILEDMUSO.COM
Freelance Music Technologist, Writer, Consultant & Fairlight Restoration
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Korg Prophecy Cards

Unread post by Saul » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:03 pm

As you say they seem to be rare and expensive! Oh welcome back to the forum by the way, great to see you here once again :)

I only found one SRC-512 RAM Card on Ebay and that was from a US seller with a price of approx £75.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5348 ... olid=20008

Couldn't find anything for the other two but will keep my eyes open.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
FailedMuso
Great Britain

Unread post by FailedMuso » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Saul wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:03 pm
As you say they seem to be rare and expensive! Oh welcome back to the forum by the way, great to see you here once again :)

I only found one SRC-512 RAM Card on Ebay and that was from a US seller with a price of approx £75.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5348 ... olid=20008

Couldn't find anything for the other two but will keep my eyes open.
Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on that one myself ;)
Rob Puricelli
FAILEDMUSO.COM
Freelance Music Technologist, Writer, Consultant & Fairlight Restoration
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:25 pm

FailedMuso wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:45 pm
KORG SRC-512 RAM Card.png

Does anyone have any of the following Korg Prophecy expansion/memory cards that they might be willing to sell for a reasonable and realistic price?

SRC-512 RAM Card
PHC-11 Analogue & Vintage
PHC-12 Modern Models

I have the contents of the two PHC cards as SysEx data on a floppy disc that Korg released, but it involves overwriting the internal presets every time you want to use them. Sadly, the cards seem to be as rare as rocking horse doo doo and stupidly priced on the rare occasions they become available.

Rob.
Hey Rob . . .

Those DO put me in mind of the Yamaha MCD32/64 cards . . .

I wonder if Brian Allan at Sector101.co.uk might have an opinion on remanufacturing them?

I guess its all down to economies of scale and actual DEMAND . . . . ?

Brian is VERY GOOD at this - his DataBlade16 = 16 x MCD64 cards in ONE DEVICE . . . .

He's a member here, so he might notice this . . . ?

Those connectors DO remind me of a twin-manual Hammond . . . ? Purely unintentional, I'm sure :lol:

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Return to “Korg Products Not Covered By Their Own Section”