New Korg synth being released at NAMM

Discussion and information on the Korg range of keyboards and rack modules. Anything without it's own dedicated section can be discussed in here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

New Korg synth being released at NAMM

Unread post by Clyde » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:16 am

I thought sure there would be at least a couple of comments here about the new Korg Oasys (?) synth rumored to have a msrp of $7500.00 USD. The info I have seen on it looks like it could be a real killer, but looks to have one heck of a learning curve. Anyway, it is evidently already up on a couple of the Korg websites.
Clyde
Angelic_Layer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Angelic_Layer » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:22 pm

Any idea what kind of synthesis it offers?
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:53 pm

Well i think the price kinda sums up why there's not too many comments? Yet another wonderful piece of kit i won't get my hands on for a very long time :(
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:35 am

I'll see if I can pull one of the links to a site from another forum I'm on. It is faaaaaar too complex for me to begin to explain here. Some rumors say it is not happening, others say it's a done deal. The $7,000-$7500 USD is for the 88 weighted key version, supposedly will also be offered in a 76 key version. We'll soon see if there is anything to it or if this is another case of "vaporware"!
Clyde
lovesign

Unread post by lovesign » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:11 pm

Something's brewing...

http://www.korg.com

"Open The Next Chapter" it proclaims... Jan 20th 2005 10:00am Pacific

Funny, that coincides with NAMM ;)
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:01 pm

Evidently the people that posted the links took them down, I'll look in some other places. Within the specs listed was 600mb uncompressed sample waveforms, it is a "rompler" that can also sample, has a VA synthesis module, a CX3 module with drawbars, lots of insert effects, onboard sequencer, an Oasys engine based on the Oasys PCI cards, digital filters, pop up color screen (large, looked like maybe 10" x 16", built in joystick (seen in the pics), lots of sliders and knobs, and too many other things for my poor little brain to remember. I've got to chase down those links.
Clyde
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:01 am

Here is a link that will take you to a thread on Harmony-Central about the specs. The pics I saw were located elsewhere, though I didn't look at the entire thread located at H-C, someone may have also posted pics farther in the thread.
Clyde

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/for ... did=829195
lovesign

Unread post by lovesign » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:26 am

It's official :)

OASYS
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:02 am

At $7,999 U.S. for the 76 key version and $8,499 U.S. for the 88 key, I don't think Korg had this in mind as a mass market high volume seller. More likely, it is the "billboard" for future mass market sales as they trickle down the technology to more affordable keyboards.
Clyde

Return to “Korg Products Not Covered By Their Own Section”