"Hard keys" on PSR-E463

Yamaha's best entry level keyboard for performing various styles of music, from the latest dance to classical and vinyl favourites. 61-keys, touch response, powerful on-board speakers and easy-to-use professional features.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Brazil
marcos.zy

"Hard keys" on PSR-E463

Unread post by marcos.zy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance for any help and tip. :)

So, it's almost one month with my PSR-E463, and I still finding its keys a bit "hard" when I touch them. I was used to a accustic piano, so, I don't know if this is something relative.

But I find a little harder to play on this keyboard, due to the above. Do you have any suggestions, and/or is there any configuration I can make on the keyboard itself in order to better handle this?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Hard keys" on PSR-E463

Unread post by Saul » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Not sure I understand what you mean about "hard keys" there Marcos. Might be lost in translation but are you referring to the keys being non-weighted?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Brazil
marcos.zy

Unread post by marcos.zy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Saul wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 pm
Not sure I understand what you mean about "hard keys" there Marcos. Might be lost in translation but are you referring to the keys being non-weighted?
Hi Saul!

Thanks for your response. :)

So, I was referring to the fact, in my opinion, that the keys on the keyboard are a bit weighier.
User avatar United States of America
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:22 pm

You can try adjusting the Touch Sensitivity setting in the Function menu. I think the normal setting is supposed to have a "flat" response curve, meaning there's no adjustment made to the resulting Note Velocity. I'm not sure what adjustments are made for the "soft" and "hard" settings, but one is for when you want to be able to play louder without having to strike the keys as hard, and the other is for when you want to be able to play more softly without having to strike the keys as softly-- that is, one is to make it easier to play loudly, and the other is to make it easier to play softly.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
User avatar Brazil
marcos.zy

Unread post by marcos.zy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 pm

SeaGtGruff wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:22 pm
You can try adjusting the Touch Sensitivity setting in the Function menu. I think the normal setting is supposed to have a "flat" response curve, meaning there's no adjustment made to the resulting Note Velocity. I'm not sure what adjustments are made for the "soft" and "hard" settings, but one is for when you want to be able to play louder without having to strike the keys as hard, and the other is for when you want to be able to play more softly without having to strike the keys as softly-- that is, one is to make it easier to play loudly, and the other is to make it easier to play softly.
Thanks, I'll try. I just need to figure out where is this setting. :)

Return to “Yamaha PSR E-453 and E-463 Forum”