Quick samples & user songs.

Yamaha's best entry level keyboard for performing various styles of music, from the latest dance to classical and vinyl favourites. 61-keys, touch response, powerful on-board speakers and easy-to-use professional features.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

wedgehed
Location.: United States

Quick samples & user songs.

Unread post by wedgehed »

I'm considering the E-463, but want to verify that sounds loaded via Quick Sampling can be used when recording a User Song.

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: SC, USA

Re: Quick samples & user songs.

Unread post by SeaGtGruff »

I was going to guess that sampled sounds can't be used in User Songs, but then I saw the following on page 39 of the Owner's Manual:
Performances using Sample Voices can be recorded on track 1 only.
This implies that sampled sounds can be used in User Songs, although they can only be used in track 1.

Note that a User Song is not an audio recording; it is only a MIDI recording, and there is no onboard operation for converting a User Song to an audio recording.

I think you should be able to use sampled sounds when recording an audio song, and you can certainly use the USB TO HOST connection to record the keyboard's audio output-- including the use of sampled sounds-- in a DAW.

As for using sampled sounds in a User Song, I suspect that the playback will be correct only as long as the samples are kept as is. That is to say, I suspect that if you overwrite the sampled sounds with new sampled sounds, the User Song will play back using the new sampled sounds.

Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710