Yamaha PSS x80 series sound editor - bobby's PSSedit

This section is for Yamaha downloads that do not fall under one of the other categories

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha PSS x80 series sound editor - bobby's PSSedit

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:55 am

Ok, happy to leave it as it is then. Oh and congrats on that 100 posts! ((i)) ((i)) ((i))
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar Great Britain
AndyHornBlower

Unread post by AndyHornBlower » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:10 pm

User avatar Great Britain
zaxxon

Unread post by zaxxon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:19 pm

hey, thanks once again for the very interesting info guys :)

Saul: i didn't see any battery inside when i got the back cover off

Andy: thanks for the tech info, i dont really have enough knowledge and (at the moment) free time to delve into getting some kind of more permanent memory save feature installed in the PSS-580, well it was only cheap and there are lots of other keyboards out there, i suppose that's an advantage of a more recent keyboard - there will be more chance that it is going to have some more modern permanent memory saving capability without the need of eg. batteries like older devices had to rely on

regarding the other things discussed, i think that's a good idea mentioned above and got me thinking;
in this modern day with lofs of things coming out of china quite cheap and so on,
i wonder if there is a keyboard/synth out there which is inexpensive but has some nice features
(built in speaker or speakers is important to me as i need to use the keyboard anywhere quickly, without having to do things like rebuild patches which have been lost due to power disconnection etc) - well the story is basically i have been doing various computer music for different formats like; most recently the vectrex console, and in the past amiga, and soon the commodore 64 (just learning that at the moment) ...
i just need to work out some chords now and then, fast, so i just need to turn on the keyboard, a sound i like is already waiting for me (or can be called up, fast), work out some chords (speakers present already on the keyboard, no need for external amplifiers/speakers) .. then done, switch off again, unplug adapter, then if i come back a month or two later my settings are still remembered...

well maybe should as you suggested start a separate thread about some 'ok' budget keyboards for someone who just needs to work out some chords and notes sometimes, using reasonably sounding instruments -- so in my opinion, they do need to sound a bit better than the default standard PSS-580 instruments :wink: which are, not so great i think .. (hopefully that's not blasphemy to say that here) :D

thanks again guys
ps. i felt sorry for the poor horse being beaten (edit: oh wait it's dead anyway haha).. .. well too late anyway i made some changes :shifty:
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:17 pm

That old horse has definitely seen better days! ;)

Most keyboards will retain their presets and user sounds when powered off. Actually I have never had a keyboard that did not retain sounds and it's getting on for 35-40 keyboards I have owned over the last 30 years or so...not counting the loaners from Yamaha, Korg and Roland.

So there are plenty out there that will do exactly what you need but of course all depends on budget and just how good you want the sounds to be?

Maybe start a new thread "Best budget keyboard under x amount" ?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors

Return to “Other Yamaha Downloads”