Covers all Kawasaki Motorcycles old and new

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Kawasaki 750 Spectre US Import

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Now this one takes me back a bit. This was a Kawasaki Spectre 750 and it was imported from Texas. Needed the jets altered for UK fuel but apart from that it was an excellent bike. I was a dispatch rider at the time so it got a bit of hard use hence why it looks a bit rough around the edges in this photo but, it stood up well to the daily grind.

I kept it for about 12 months and then sold it to one of my fellow dispatch riders when I left for Dubai....a country much better suited to a bike like this!
spectre.jpg
Kawasaki Spectre 750
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
cooltouch
United States of America

Re: Kawasaki 750 Spectre US Import

Unread post by cooltouch » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:40 pm

That 750 was the DOHC twin, wasn't it? For whatever reason, it's kind of obscure anymore here in the States. I don't think Kawasaki built very many of them -- or at least, not many got imported into the US. By the late 70s, most bikers had caught multi-cylinder fever, which might be why it wasn't more popular than it was. I've seen only one before and it was in a bike bone yard. Seems like it would have been a cool bike, though.

Do you know how the pistons moved on that bike? For example, most Brit twins have a 360-degree crank, where the pistons move up and down in unison, trading off on compression and exhaust strokes. Some twins -- like at least one of the new Triumph twins, the Moto Guzzis and Ducatis, have a 270-degree crank, which I personally think is a much better arrangement. But it's uncommon in parallel twins, for whatever reason.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Kawasaki 750 Spectre US Import

Unread post by Saul » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:08 pm

The Kawasaki 750 Spectre was an inline four. Same bike as the GT750 just a slightly customised version. I had the GT also but it was stolen from outside my house just a few weeks after buying it :(
kawasaki_750_spectre.png
kawasaki_gt750.png
Kawasaki GT750
The Kawasaki GT750 and the smaller GT550 were the dispatchers bike of choice here in the UK because they were so tough. They just kept going and going often racking up 200k miles or more.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

Return to “Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum”