Ensoniq ASR 10 not booting up

Ensoniq were taken over by EMU a while back so discussions on both products can be put here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Greece
OOS

Ensoniq ASR 10 not booting up

Unread post by OOS » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi All

Just got a Ensoniq ASR 10 as faulty.
What i get is that when i power the unit on i get a blank screen and all buttons leds turned on underneath (pic 2). The floppy drive seems to work since the green light turns on and when i get a floppy there it works and then stops normaly like its loading. When the floppy stops i can get some characters on the screen like these ones shown on pic 1. No sound. I suspect somthing wrong with the PSU, any ideas ?
Update. I have reasitted all chips, connector, removed ram, cleaned it up and replaced, checked the jumber for any wrong position between exp/std. Also checked the fuses that are OK
But still no luck with this one.
Really wanna fix that cause i got it with a lot of factory disks and all user manuals the previous user was the original owner and kept it in a dry place. PCBs look like new.
Attachments
asr 1.jpg
asr 2.jpg
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ensoniq ASR 10 not booting up

Unread post by Saul » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:13 pm

Don't really know much about the ASR other than it sounds great and I wouldn't mind one myself (Y)

I guess you checked the usual suspects such as capacitors? They don't always look faulty but they dry out over time and that would cause voltage problems resulting in the sort of issues you are seeing.

Does it have an internal battery and if so has it been changed?
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.

Return to “EMU and Ensoniq Forum”