Updating the OS

Ensoniq were taken over by EMU a while back so discussions on both products can be put here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

PilotDuo

Updating the OS

Unread post by PilotDuo » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:19 pm

Hey everyone. I have an Ensoniq MR76 Performance/Composition Keyboard. It is an awesome keyboard, but lately it has been freezing up, and the pedal isn't responding anymore (it still works on other keyboards). I got some repairs done over Christmas, and I figured that would fix it; it didn't. So then I read on a forum that maybe my Operating System needs to be upgraded. I found a website saying that it is very hard to function with the keyboard if it running an OS under 2.0. I'm running version 1.07! That isn't good, and I would like to change that...if anyone can help me find a new OS for it online, it would be deeply appreciated. MR76/MR61 both share the same OS.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:14 am

Hi and welcome to the site.

The MR76 is a very nice keyboard. I was going to buy one at one time :)

Finding an OS upgrade for it now is not going to be easy I think. Especially since Ensoniq were bought out by Creative/EMU back in 98.

The only real chance I would have thought would be via EMU themselves. Perhaps give their techical support a ring ? http://www.emu.com/support/custsup.asp

If they are anything like Yamaha they may still have these older OS upgrades.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:16 am

Hi PilotDuo,
Welcome to the Forums! If Ensoniq still has a website you might find updates there (if they are software only updates), some keyboards require a new ROM chip for updates, others need only the software loaded. You might also try some Google searches and look for Ensoniq user groups on the web that might know where to find them. Good luck!
Clyde
PilotDuo

Thanks

Unread post by PilotDuo » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:46 am

I'm going to look into it...thanks for the help...I didn't expect to get such a fast responce....I'll post something if I can find a solution
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:46 am

Well I'll keep looking also. I did check out the EMU web site but they don't have anything there for the MR. If it's a software upgrade then it may of course be out there on the net somewhere. If it's a rom upgrade then probably the only source will be EMU themselves.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Re: Updating the OS

Unread post by parametric » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:32 am

Hi Saul,

I found this guy's ad yesterday - ensoniq, emu AND Akai S1000, S1100 last version OSs.

http://www.123-electronics.co.uk/buy/eproms?page=1

Might be a good one to watch . . . .

Chris

[Edit] he states this at the foot of his ebay ad for the S1100 chips . . . .

"If you have another piece of equipment that you may need upgraded, please ask - I might be able to help."

Hmm . . . .
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Rich
United States of America

Re: Updating the OS

Unread post by Rich » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Although this thread is over 12 years old I am trying this out for repairing my MR-76 that freezes.

https://reverb.com/item/5450251-ensoniq ... 76-osrom-a

Return to “EMU and Ensoniq Forum”