Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Honda VF750 Custom

Unread post by Saul » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:28 am

honda_vf750_custom.jpg
Honda VF750 Custom
I think this bike was called the Honda Magna or Super Magna in the USA?

Here in the UK it was referred to as the VF750C or VF750 Custom. Or more colloquially as 'The Rocket Launcher' due to it's four upswept exhaust tail pipes.

I absolutely LOVED this bike. It was fast, pulled like a train and looked amazing compared to anything else out there at the time. Unfortunately i was still dispatch riding and used this as my daily ride. I could have used something else but I just liked riding it so much I couldn't help myself :oops:

Anyway it ran fine for ages until it blew a head gasket. As it was water cooled that meant it turned into a mobile kettle :lol: Think steam train and you get the picture. Amazingly it still ran 8O Anyway I repaired it..which was no easy feat given the tight working space and it ran fine after that. I eventually got an attack of common sense and sold it replacing it first with a Honda CX500 Custom and then an ex Police BMW R80/7...at which point my love affair with beemers began and which has lasted to this day.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

Return to “Honda Motorcycle Forum”