PSR-620 --- Gotek Floppy Emulator SFRM72-FU-DL

Resources and links for Replacement Floppy Drives, Floppy Drive Adapters and USB Floppy Driver Emulators.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Boro94

PSR-620 --- Gotek Floppy Emulator SFRM72-FU-DL

Unread post by Boro94 »

Hi all

I desperately need some help on getting the GOTEK Hi all

I desperately need some help on getting the GOTEK SFRM72-FU-DL 720kb flash drive module (replaces the 720kb 2DD Floppy Disk Drive) to work in my PSR-620.

I have partioned a 3GB USB memory stick into 100 720kb Virtual floppies as directed, and to test it I saved a Style file into partition 001,. But when I then plug in the memory stick into the module in the PSR-620 and select Disk 001 on the module, the keyboard thinks I have inserted an unformatted Floppy Disk and it freezes on the "Format - Sure?" message on the display.

Even if I press Yes to format, it doesn't actually format the USB stick that's in the emulator. It just says "Formatng" on the screen for about 30 minutes says "Format - Sure?" again.

I can't find any instructions online specifically for the PSR-620, but I've seen photos and some YouTube performers playing a PSR-620 and loading files using the GOTEK module installed.

Hope someone out there knows and can help me get it working!!!

Many thanks
Boro94

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: PSR-620 --- Gotek Floppy Emulator SFRM72-FU-DL

Unread post by SeaGtGruff »

The folliwing post is about a different model emulator and different model keyboard, but it mentions an issue with formatting, so it might be of some help:

viewtopic.php?f=183&t=14653&p=85078
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710