Yamaha W5/W7 Factory Disks

Yamaha W5 & W7 Files and Info

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

NotWakeman

Re: Yamaha W7W5 Factory Restore Disk

Unread post by NotWakeman »

Saul wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 am
Yes upload the files here as attachments. That would be very much appreciated :)
Here they are:
W5_W7_V2_Demo.zip
(127.64 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Enjoy, W5/7 owners! :wink:

Cheers

jude_y

Re: Yamaha W5/W7 Factory Disks

Unread post by jude_y »

Thanks for sharing. I'm uploading some voice disks for W series workstation sold by YAMAHA.
I like the factory demo "Bach - Gavotte" very much. but the FD drive of my W5 is not working. Could anyone help me save this demo song as SMF format? So that I can playback it or edit something on my PSR-S. Much appreciated!
w5_official_voices.rar
(195.77 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Gazza965

Unread post by Gazza965 »

Hi I'm new to this forum I have recently purchased a Yamaha W7 workstation synthesiser I am having a few issues I have no LCD lighting but can read all info with a bit difficulty can I purchase LCD also I am unable.to record more than 1 note clicker works for metronome and banks show they are accepting and holding parts in banks 1-16 but nothing plays back and I also need factory reset disks please any help would.be greatly appreciated thanx
Gary

NotWakeman

Gazza965 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:51 am
Hi I'm new to this forum I have recently purchased a Yamaha W7 workstation synthesiser I am having a few issues I have no LCD lighting but can read all info with a bit difficulty can I purchase LCD also I am unable.to record more than 1 note clicker works for metronome and banks show they are accepting and holding parts in banks 1-16 but nothing plays back and I also need factory reset disks please any help would.be greatly appreciated thanx
Gary
For the disks, you'll need the files (you can download them from this topic or from the downloads section), a computer with a floppy disk drive, and some floppy disks (obviously). Format the disks *in the keyboard*, then go to the computer and copy the files onto them. Let us know if that doesn't make sense.

For the rest, you'd better post separate questions in closely related topics. Or start a new one.

Thanks,

NotWakeman

Gazza965

Unread post by Gazza965 »

Thank you. I will download the files. I've ordered the 3.5" floppy disks 2dd which I believe are the ones needed and I'll have them formatted and files added via an older PC. Thanks for the help

NotWakeman

Gazza965 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:51 am
Thank you. I will download the files. I've ordered the 3.5" floppy disks 2dd which I believe are the ones needed and I'll have them formatted and files added via an older PC. Thanks for the help
Just realized this IS the downloads section, sorry about that... :)

There's a W series section where you can post your other questions - in case you haven't found it yet.

Cheers