Firmware 2.51

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

xzgk8s
Location.: I'm from the Netherlands

Firmware 2.51

Unread post by xzgk8s »

Just updated to version 2.51.
After switch off and on everything seemed ok, but after a few minutes or so sounds became unresponsive.
Even defaultvsounds like piano didn't sound as piano but something else.
Tried to load the backup I had made before the update but the restore stopped at about 75%.
Had to put modx8 off and on.
At that time all my user patches and library files were gone.
Again tried to restore the backup and againit stopped at around 75%.
Tried to rsstore a previous backup file which (luckely) succeeded, and also I could rsstore a library file that a made before the update.

Does anyone experienced such problems?
I dud ghe update to v2.0 without any problems, but now I'm not sure if I will update in the future when this kind of problems can occur.

So, again, if anyone had this pronlem and knows what te solution is, please share with me

Thanks in advance

Macke
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Sweden

VIP

Re: Firmware 2.51

Unread post by Macke »

xzgk8s wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:04 pm Just updated to version 2.51.
After switch off and on everything seemed ok, but after a few minutes or so sounds became unresponsive.
Even defaultvsounds like piano didn't sound as piano but something else.
Tried to load the backup I had made before the update but the restore stopped at about 75%.
Had to put modx8 off and on.
At that time all my user patches and library files were gone.
Again tried to restore the backup and againit stopped at around 75%.
Tried to rsstore a previous backup file which (luckely) succeeded, and also I could rsstore a library file that a made before the update.

Does anyone experienced such problems?
I dud ghe update to v2.0 without any problems, but now I'm not sure if I will update in the future when this kind of problems can occur.

So, again, if anyone had this pronlem and knows what te solution is, please share with me

Thanks in advance
Hi xzgk8s,

Sorry to hear you had issues upgrading and for the quite late response. Have not heard anyone else having this problem so far. I looked in the Official forum at yamahasynth and could not find a similar question there either so my guess is that it's not a common issue.

Did you ever find a solution and got your modx8 back in order?
Regarding your backup. It sound like the actual backup file you tried (only 75% loaded) might been damaged in some way.
If you still have that backup file available, I suggest trying to move it to another usb flash drive and retry loading into the MODX8 using that drive. Please make sure to backup your current user data first in case you find that old backup still corrupt.

I'm still using OS 2.5 on my MODX7 as I did not care for the small bug fix made in OS 2.51.
Fixes and Enhancements
V2.50 to V2.51
Fixed problem;
- Fixed a problem in which the SSS Flag was incorrectly displayed in some Preset Performances.