SOLVED: sorta - Controlling drum arp number via footswitch?

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
josephdouce

Re: Controlling drum arp number via footswitch?

Unread post by josephdouce » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:52 am

Perks of them giving us so much flexibility, there is usually a work around even for the things they don't want us to do 😂you just have to think outside the box.
Australia
pax-eterna

Re: Controlling drum arp number via footswitch?

Unread post by pax-eterna » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 pm

I stand corrected! Happily.

If you go into Scene operations and press the ARP tab at the top then turn the memory on, it actually saves the arp with the scene button. So press which arp you want (1 thru 8) then immediately press the scene front panel hardware button you want to use, and that then links that arp to that scene button. Make sure you go straight to save (as in do not leave the screen) just press the STORE button, otherwise settings there are lost as when you exit the existing performance parameters take over.

My process is assign all the arp drum patterns to slots in the Drum Kits screen, save the performance then go over to the Scene section and do the above.
User avatar Great Britain
josephdouce

Re: SOLVED: sorta - Controlling drum arp number via footswitch?

Unread post by josephdouce » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:05 am

pax-eterna wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 pm
I stand corrected! Happily.

If you go into Scene operations and press the ARP tab at the top then turn the memory on, it actually saves the arp with the scene button. So press which arp you want (1 thru 8) then immediately press the scene front panel hardware button you want to use, and that then links that arp to that scene button. Make sure you go straight to save (as in do not leave the screen) just press the STORE button, otherwise settings there are lost as when you exit the existing performance parameters take over.

My process is assign all the arp drum patterns to slots in the Drum Kits screen, save the performance then go over to the Scene section and do the above.
this is really good news because i think a lot of people were under the impression that this was not possible

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”