loop a sample

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Netherlands
marctuma

loop a sample

Unread post by marctuma » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:44 pm

I have created a new waveform in modx6 by importing the sample wave (4bars beat) file from a usbdisk.
Is it possible to loop this sample. How should this be done ?
User avatar Germany
TotoFan

Re: loop a sample

Unread post by TotoFan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi - had a similar problem and ended up with a brick and mortar solution: created an arpeggio which is playing the (sample) note and put it on repeat. Since every part can have his own arpeggio, is quite robust.
User avatar Netherlands
marctuma

Unread post by marctuma » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:29 pm

TotoFan wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:16 pm
Hi - had a similar problem and ended up with a brick and mortar solution: created an arpeggio which is playing the (sample) note and put it on repeat. Since every part can have his own arpeggio, is quite robust.
Thanks for this solution.
I will certainly try it..
User avatar Netherlands
shappy1010

Unread post by shappy1010 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:18 am

The MODX doesn't really have a good sampler function, but you can use Samplerobot to create your own performances.

And.. the beauty is, you can get it for free:

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/samplero ... _retail_en&

Just select Montage and enter your MODX serial, you will download a free montage version which is fully compatible with MODX.
User avatar Sweden
wiking34

Unread post by wiking34 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:08 pm

TotoFan wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:16 pm
Im new to using the arpeggio. I want to loop a wav file, and wondering if your solution could be it. Is there a tutorial out there on how i make the arpeggio repeat a note. As I said, i never used the function before........ Help... :D
/Peter
User avatar Germany
TotoFan

Unread post by TotoFan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Well, I did it very simple: create a new performance starting from (init) and changing the source sound of the first voice with the .wav file from USB stick (there are videos on youtube about how to do that). Then I selected a simple repeated arpeggio from the presets and assigned it to the voice. You can set the voice to "ARP ONLY" and limit it to a single note, to avoid accidents.
User avatar Belgium
graspieper

Unread post by graspieper » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:41 pm

You can use 'wavosaur' to define loop points in a normal WAV file, and they are recognized by the modx/montage. It's a free application, Google it and enjoy! :D

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”