Portamento foot switch

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Rronster

Portamento foot switch

Unread post by Rronster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 pm

You should be able to store a sound and when playing live trigger the stored value of the portamento???
MODX7
User avatar United States of America
Rronster

Re: Portamento foot switch

Unread post by Rronster » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:02 am

I'm disappointed with the MODX7. No footswitch trigger can be assigned for the portamento. Yamaha, Please update this if you can...
United States of America
ZT Scheer

Unread post by ZT Scheer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:51 am

Rronster wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:02 am
I'm disappointed with the MODX7. No footswitch trigger can be assigned for the portamento. Yamaha, Please update this if you can...
1. What do you mean by "trigger"? Portamento is not something which is triggered, but rather switched on/off. Let's clear that up.

2. Are you certain that Portamento cannot be switched on/off with a footswitch? How so? What have you tried?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Rronster I assume you meant you wanted to be able to turn portamento on/off via the footswitch?

I have not tried it myself but I would have thought this is something that could be done. It sounds like a reasonable thing to be able to do.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
United States of America
ZT Scheer

Unread post by ZT Scheer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:50 pm

I need to plug a switch-pedal into the second jack to find out for sure, but it seems as though there must be a way to do this. Yamaha has traditionally been VERY good about including comprehensive performance options.

I know that MIDI CC#65 is Portamento ON/OFF, and that the MODX does respond to that CC (sent from sequencer to verify). So the worst case scenario is that you'd have to buy some external MIDI CC pedal (lots of options there).

I'll try the actual footswitch assignment later today ... let's see what I come up with.

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”