Power On Touchscreen Off?

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
charboltron

Power On Touchscreen Off?

Unread post by charboltron » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:49 am

Hi there this is my first post I'm from America ("Hello!"). I just got a MODX 8 new and have a quick question. Twice now when I have turned the MODX on, the touchscreen has been "off"; it's not actually blank, but it is dark and has a single blinking horizontal line in the top left, as if it were waiting for me to type something... I looked at the manual, and there's something called standby, but I'm not sure if this is what I've accessed or how to do it..? Both times I've just powered off and then back on again to solve, but I'm wondering if this is what i should be doing/what's going on. Thanks if anyone knows!
User avatar Wales
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Power On Touchscreen Off?

Unread post by Derek » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:49 am

Hello and welcome.

You seem to suggest that this is happening right after power on? If that is the case, that should not be happening. So I would get it checked out or demand a replacement.

There is an auto power off option in the Utility Mode under Settings / System, which I always turn off. But that does not apply to power on.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
charboltron

Unread post by charboltron » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks, Derek!

Yep this happens immediately after turning it on. I was thinking it shouldn't be the case so, yeah I suppose I'll have it checked on. I appreciate the input. :)
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:58 am

Welcome to yamahamusicians charboltron :)

I agree with Derek. That should definitely not be happening. Is your MODX running the latest firmware? An update might help but I would be a little concerned that it was happening at all. If it is a relatively easy thing to get a replacement I would probably want to do that.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Whites DFX 300mm!
User avatar Great Britain
mitya

Unread post by mitya » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:37 am

This happens for me occasionally too. Putting off phoning up PMT to arrange a replacement as I'm enjoying it so much. Attached is what it looks like...
Attachments
Screenshot_20181231-233642.jpg
MODX blinking screen start-up error
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:37 am

That should definitely NOT be happening. It would worry me that there is a more serious fault developing. In any case I would want nothing less than a perfectly working MODX. That is what you have paid for and that is what you should have.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Whites DFX 300mm!
gregae

Unread post by gregae » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:01 pm

I had the exact same thing happen to my three-week old MODX6. It only happened once, and cycling the power brought it back to life. At the time, I thought it was the result of a static electricity glitch (or something). No problems since. Concerned, and keeping an eye on it. :think:
User avatar Bulgaria
Kal1n_M

Unread post by Kal1n_M » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:34 pm

I think this might be a problem with the initial firmware. Check your firmware version and update to 1.10 if needed. Also, does that happen only when there is USB stick in the USB TO DEVICE port?
User avatar Great Britain
mitya

Unread post by mitya » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:09 am

Admittedly I'm still on the initial firmware as I've not updated yet. I'll see if that helps. As for whether there's always been a USB in, I'd tentatively say yes, so again perhaps there's something there. Seems this is an issue to keep an eye on. Doubtless Yamaha will take note if more people raise it.
charboltron

Unread post by charboltron » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:58 am

Hey all, thanks for all the responses. Weirdly glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this issue. Sorry--I've been too busy to address this but I can confirm I'm running Firmware 1.00.1 so I'll try and update and see if problem comes back. Also, I'm not using any USB with MODX currently.

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”