PA-150 Power Supply

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Normhart

PA-150 Power Supply

Unread post by Normhart » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:59 pm

I was down at our local music shop the other day to pick up a back-up power supply for my MODX and found that they had a PA-150 that had all the same specs but looked nothing like the one that came with the synth. This one didn’t have the ‘B’ suffix - speaking of which, what exactly is the ‘B’ supposed to signify?
Fleer

Re: PA-150 Power Supply

Unread post by Fleer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:32 am

From the horse’s mouth (Yamaha’s Bad Mister):
“The PA150B of the MODX is a “universal” power supply... it can handle 100-240V ... you swap out the ‘plug section’ which connects to the wall for the appropriate connector. You’ll notice on the 150B you can remove/separate the plug from the adapter section. Regular PA150 are voltage specific. Just get the PA150 with the plug section rated for your country’s voltage.”
Normhart

Re: PA-150 Power Supply

Unread post by Normhart » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:23 am

Fleer wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:32 am
From the horse’s mouth (Yamaha’s Bad Mister):
“The PA150B of the MODX is a “universal” power supply... it can handle 100-240V ... you swap out the ‘plug section’ which connects to the wall for the appropriate connector. You’ll notice on the 150B you can remove/separate the plug from the adapter section. Regular PA150 are voltage specific. Just get the PA150 with the plug section rated for your country’s voltage.”
Thanks, I just came from the Yamahasynth site and got the answer from him. I also asked him about how a ‘bad’ PA-150 would affect the synth’s normal operation. To be specific, a power supply that appears to work ok but would have some defect that would drop power levels (not completely) intermittently. Another way to ask the question would be, if the power supply is not producing the full 12V, In what ways would this affect normal operation?

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”