MODX Diagnostics

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Normhart

MODX Diagnostics

Unread post by Normhart » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:42 am

Is there a key/switch sequence that can invoke a diagnostic test model for the MODX? I’ve seen this done with a CVP model that went through things like LED lamp checks, circuit board tests, etc. etc..
Or does the OS perform some kind of power on self test like a computer would? I realize this is something that a service tech would do as part of routine servicing but if a user could perform it, it would be helpful in determining where it would require servicing in the first place.

Thanks
pologuy

Re: MODX Diagnostics

Unread post by pologuy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:13 am

<subscribing>
Normhart

Unread post by Normhart » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 am

I found a site or rather re-discovered a site I used to use when I worked for a Yamaha dealer a few years ago. It didn’t occur to me to try because I thought it only applied to dealers. I had a login account to use for ordering parts for customers’ repairs. In fact it still had my info - I just didn’t remember my password. This is the Yamaha Resource Portal (yamaha24x7.com). Unfortunately, when I did a search on the MODX, it didn’t turn anything up (looking for the service manual). This usually is on cd and can be purchased by consumers. In fact, they didn’t even have the Montage listed yet in their database. The highest it went was Motif XF. They do provide a toll free contact number that I will be calling soon to get more info. The key/switch sequence, by the way would be in the service manual.
pologuy

Unread post by pologuy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Keep us updated! :)
Normhart

Unread post by Normhart » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 am

pologuy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:41 pm
Keep us updated! :)
I was able to order the MODX8 service manual. It's $16.48USD (w/o shipping). Shipping is pricey for overseas ($21.50 for US Priority) a bit less for ground. It's worth the price for me, however so I went for it. I'll post more in another week or so after I get it in.
Normhart

Unread post by Normhart » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:38 pm

I got this in the mail the other day. It’s pretty comprehensive. We don’t have an officially authorized Yamaha repair shop here but do have one place that’s been around a while and has repaired many Yamaha products over the years that I trust. As you can see in the photo, it comes in PDF format on disc so make sure you still have a reader laying around somewhere. (I had to really dig to find my old cd reader I haven’t used in years - luckily I found it and it still worked)
Attachments
48A213DF-0A29-448D-8264-F95444D7967A.jpeg

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”