Audio input record

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
maax555

Audio input record

Unread post by maax555 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi, is it at all possible to record audio into the Modx. For example I might wish to record a simple vocal or guitar guide track.
User avatar United States of America
martyjones6294

Re: Audio input record

Unread post by martyjones6294 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:59 pm

I think the short answer is no.

You do not have a recording ability in the MODX. You can play wave files that are recorded outside the MODX, but this is typiocally for sound waves that become the source for performances.

The MODX is more of a performance device as opposed to a full workstation.
maax555

Unread post by maax555 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:09 pm

ok, thanks. So can i use the MODX as a simple audio interface. I am thinking powered monitors into ModX, USB to laptop and playing the Cubase output into the ModX through USB and out through monitors? Also using the Modx inputs to record from mic or guitar to a Cubase audio track?

thanks
United States of America
ZT Scheer

Unread post by ZT Scheer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:15 pm

maax555 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:09 pm
ok, thanks. So can i use the MODX as a simple audio interface. I am thinking powered monitors into ModX, USB to laptop and playing the Cubase output into the ModX through USB and out through monitors? Also using the Modx inputs to record from mic or guitar to a Cubase audio track ...
This all works danged-near perfectly in my experience. Even Cubasis (on iPad) works like a champ. Steinberg/Yamaha really did a good job with this.
maax555

Unread post by maax555 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:25 pm

That's cool as I just ordered the Modx8 😎. I see there is a Soundmondo site to download users patches. Could be implemented a bit better, no preview so need to download and hope for the best? Also would be nice to see multi select and allow say 10 downloaded at a time. Any other recommended libraries other than the Yamaha site ones?

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”