MODX8 owners - what do you use the spare space for on the right side of the keyboard?

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

EXer

Re: MODX8 owners - what do you use the spare space for on the right side of the keyboard?

Unread post by EXer »

Benskia wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:50 pm
what're you all putting in that space?

EX5 EX5 EX5R FS1R TX81Z TX81Z TX7 A4000
EX5Tech Member #101

VVLNERANT OMNES VLTIMA NECAT

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

Re: MODX8 owners - what do you use the spare space for on the right side of the keyboard?

Unread post by parametric »

Now you KNOW that's very naughty <Exer> :naughty:

I can only suppose the Beer isn't there long enough to have any risk of spilling . . . . . . :lol:

para
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

pologuy

Unread post by pologuy »

EXer wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 pm
Benskia wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:50 pm
what're you all putting in that space?

I think we have a winner! ((i))

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

...and a slightly more refined fast food version ;) :lol:
MODX-Food Holder.jpg
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

Normhart

Unread post by Normhart »

Now if I can only get it to work with the MODX. There supposedly is a way via Cubase but I need to get a copy of the software first. At the moment, I use it with my iPad with all the synth apps and Equator when running on my Mac.

martyjones6294

Unread post by martyjones6294 »

It also is a great place to put my Ventilator. I don't want it on the floor where I can't get to the controls, so it fits nicely in that space.

Of course, I had to come up with a workaround to get my Roland footswitch to control the ventilator speed, but that is another story..............

Ivan Jochner

Unread post by Ivan Jochner »

On the right hand side there will defenately be kind of midi controller , otherwise PILE OF PILLS not to receive a heart stroke if Yamaha would not fix Screen bugs in the nearest update))

GregC

Unread post by GregC »

Not criticizing folks that drink and have food on their +$1500 keyboard.

I have to be serious.
I would never put food or beverage on my keyboard.

anotherscott

Unread post by anotherscott »

martyjones6294 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 pm
I had to come up with a workaround to get my Roland footswitch to control the ventilator speed, but that is another story..............
That's a story I'd be interested to hear! How did you do it?