Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
anotherscott

Re: MODX7 keys

Unread post by anotherscott » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:27 pm

FarHanSolo wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:07 pm
compared to my old Korg M3-61 (amazing and fairly quiet semi-weighted keyboard)
Keep in mind this is a budget keyboard.

Korg has high end actions in their high end boards... currently Kronos, and before that, the same action in the M3. Their lower end workstations (Krome/Kross, and before that, M50) use lower end actions.

Yamaha offers the MODX sounds/architecture in a higher end board, the Montage. MODX is a lower end version, with a lower end action.

So from either company, you can get a better action if you want to pay for it.
User avatar Germany
TotoFan

Re: MODX7 keys

Unread post by TotoFan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Personally, my path went from Korg Krome 73 -> Kronos 7 -> Kronos 61 -> back to Krome -> Roland FA07 -> ModX 7.

Krome keyboard is passable, but it gets a bit sloppy after three years. Kronos 7 with RH keybed is very nice for piano and sounds, but kills my back. Kronos 61 has a decent keybed but finally had to carry a secondary keyboard and weight too much anyway. The Roland was promising but finally sounds were not very balanced, and some choices on effect sections etc. very questionable. ModX so far is really hitting the sweet spot: nice sounds, the best non-weighted keyboard in my opinion and super light. Also the analogue inputs and USB implementation are much useful.

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”