Would it be possible to use the MODX effects engine as AUX send/return on an analog mixer?

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Australia
stixstudios

Would it be possible to use the MODX effects engine as AUX send/return on an analog mixer?

Unread post by stixstudios » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:48 am

If the subject heading wasn't long enough, I try to explain further :roll:

I have a small mixing desk that I'm using to record into a DAW.

However, it would be nice to have a bit of reverb on the vocals - a compressor/limiter would also be useful. I mean LIVE (as you hear it) and not after the event in the DAW. I've looked into external box solutions, but this sort of gear is becoming stupid expensive.

So, I'm thinking that because the MODX has the A/D input, whether I could use it, for example, to output a vocal from my mixer AUX, (let's say to a simple reverb) and then return to my mixer?

Just thinking....?

Steve.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Would it be possible to use the MODX effects engine as AUX send/return on an analog mixer?

Unread post by Saul » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi Steve

So If I got this right you wan to run your mic into the mixer and then out to the A/D input of the MODX and use it's effects on your vocal?

You are using the Mackie Onyx 820i mixer I think so that does not have on-board effects hence why you are wanting to go through the MODX?

As you know you can apply effects to anything that comes in through the A/D input so I think yes that would work. Also you could just go out of your mixer into a reverb/multi-effects unit and return into the mixer. Either way would do the job.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”