I can't seem to change the name of my stored User patch

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Australia
stixstudios

I can't seem to change the name of my stored User patch

Unread post by stixstudios » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Weird.

I'm sure it's something that i've done (or not), but I can't change the name of a stored user patch.

My usual mode of operation is that if I like a sound, then I will store it under the User category with an appropriate name. For some reason with this one it refuses to be renamed. I may well have forgotten to initially give it a new name?

In any case, I now have 2 patches with the same name - which doesn't seem right either. The original preset, and my saved/stored patch.

I can actually change the name (done), when I go back to the previous screen, the name is there but if I go back to categories/user the name is lost and reverts back to the original. I've tried re-starting the MODX but no joy.

I'm asking because perhaps this is a bug. Although I'm hoping it's just something dumb/stupid that I've overlooked. But it did work as expected previously.

Steve.
User avatar United States of America
Kurzweil

Re: I can't seem to change the name of my stored User patch

Unread post by Kurzweil » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:36 pm

When I have had problems of this nature it was often a result of "directory confusion". I was seeing the original patch instead of the modified one.
martyjones6294

Unread post by martyjones6294 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:28 pm

I have done this successfully:

Call up the performance that you want to change

Go into Edit mode

Touch the Performance Name. This brings up the keyboard and allows you to change the name.

Store the performance. It should say "(old name) will be overwritten". Do not store it as a new performance or you will have the doubling.

I hope this helps.
martyjones6294

Unread post by martyjones6294 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Of course, if these are FACTORY performances, the names CAN'T be changed. The factory performances are not editable - you must save any changed version as a new performance.

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”