MODX6/7 keybed

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
ziggy2k7

MODX6/7 keybed

Unread post by ziggy2k7 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi guys,

Im ready to pull the trigger and buy a MODX, the only thing that is putting me off are the reports that the keybed is poor. Is it the same/similar to the keybed they have in the cheaper PSR models? I have a PSR S710 and the keybed in that is not too bad but the keybed in the MODX looks the same as is used in the cheaper PSR models (PSR S670 ect.)

Im really tempted to go for the MODX8 but dont think i'd enjoy playing organ, synth ect on weighted keys, plus i've read reports saying the keys get noisy after only a short time.

Your opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MODX6/7 keybed

Unread post by Saul » Wed May 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi ziggy2k7, welcome to the forums :)

The keys on the MODX6/7 are actually pretty good. Not as good as Montage of course but we are talking half the price so something needs to give. I would not say it is cheap but as to whether it is better than the lower end PSR's I would say yes it is. If you have ever played a MOXF it is very similar to that.

The noisy key problems with the MODX8 might seem like a huge thing and that loads of people are suffering from it but the reality is...proportionally speaking there are relatively few incidences like this. In any case you are lucky enough to be in the UK and you have much better consumer protection than our friends in the USA.

Yamaha UK are also very good at sorting out any issues like this although of course the retailer is responsible for arranging replacements/repairs.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Great Britain
ziggy2k7

Unread post by ziggy2k7 » Fri May 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks Saul. Just pulled the trigger and ordered a MODX7, should be here Tuesday :D :D
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Fri May 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Nice one Ziggy. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it, good or bad just say it as it is.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar United States of America
Fleer

Unread post by Fleer » Tue May 07, 2019 3:18 am

Would like to know too :)

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”