Loading a Library into the User Bank

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
bigfootjim

Loading a Library into the User Bank

Unread post by bigfootjim » Mon May 13, 2019 6:23 pm

I have installed 3 voice Libraries that I have downloaded on line. The first 2 show up when I scroll through the BANKS menu on the LIVE SET page. The 3rd Library does not. I loaded these at different times so probably user error. New to this board so still learning. My main question is when I select the LOAD LIBRARY and IMPORT TO USER BANK will I have to opportunity to select which user bank it loads into. It looks like I have 10 user banks? The other 2 Libraries I loaded show up in the 9 and 10 slot in the BANKS menu on the LIVE SET page. I have spent a lot of time building programs and saving them into USER 1 Bank and I want to load the library but I don't want to loose my programs! Thanks!
User avatar Italy
dfinucci

Re: Loading a Library into the User Bank

Unread post by dfinucci » Thu May 16, 2019 1:30 pm

Regarding libraries and user performances you may have a look at yamahasynth site:
yamaha-synth-rss/user-and-library (can't include full adress because of limitations by the site software)

Anyway "importing" a library does'nt overwrite user's a rea.

It is strongly advisable to backup your data before any such operation.
Sincerely
D
User avatar Russia
Dima

Unread post by Dima » Thu May 30, 2019 4:56 pm

So i Added library, then copyed it in User bank. Then i deleted it, but now i don't have space(memory is full). Probably that library is taking some space.. i think to back keys to factory settings. Is it possible?
User avatar Italy
dfinucci

Unread post by dfinucci » Fri May 31, 2019 12:52 am

Hello. Yes, of course is possible to restore factory settings, but may be you have to check again your libraries.
Importing a library into user space and then deleting that library should leave the space unchanged.
May be i'm' someway wrong and not have correctly understood. :confusion-confused:
Anyway, see user's manual, page 19 "Restoring the initial factory settings (Initialize All Data)". :o :o
Hope this helps
D
User avatar Russia
Dima

Unread post by Dima » Fri May 31, 2019 4:39 am

Thanks)
After i copied library to User Bank, i couldn't find the place with wave forms. Now i found. And cleaned it up.

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”