Recording MODX into Wavepad

Covers the Yamaha MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
mitya

Re: Recording MODX into Wavepad

Unread post by mitya » Thu May 30, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks, Michael. Yeah I'm familiar with the model you're describing; I'm a web developer so the same is true of various IDEs (integrated development environments) and other related software.

I'll load up Cubase AI and see what I get. Will also look into MixPad as suggested.

Thanks.
User avatar United States of America
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Thu May 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Oh, yeah, I know all about IDEs! :) I used to be employed as a computer programmer, and a few years back I also dabbled in programming for the Atari 2600 VCS in my spare time.

My favorite commercial IDE is Multi-Edit, which we once used at the last company I worked for. What I especially love about Multi-Edit is that if you're working on a binary file in hexadecimal, you can set the number of hex columns to match the record length used in the file-- for instance, 73 bytes, or 245 bytes, or 1781 bytes, etc. That way, each row of the hex edit window exactly corresponds to a single data record of the binary file, and each data field of the records is lined up in a column or series of columns (depending on how many bytes are in the field). I thought that was so awesome that I purchased my own copy of Multi-Edit for home. :)

Then we switched to UltraEdit, which my boss liked better than Multi-Edit for some reason (probably something to do with site licensing). But UltraEdit doesn't have that any-number-of-columns feature that Multi-Edit does, so I just couldn't take to it like I took to Multi-Edit.

When I was dabbling in 6502 assembly programming for the Atari 2600 VCS, my favorite free IDE was Crimson Editor. I still use it to edit text files if I need to slap together some macros for series of repetitive keystrokes.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
User avatar Italy
dfinucci

Unread post by dfinucci » Thu May 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi gentleme. Just for info, being older than you, i've been a programmer too :-) but for "ancient" system (IBM iSeries and MVS host Systems). I have had a contact with C language too.
Ancient times
Have a nice time
D

Return to “Yamaha MODX Forum”