A replacement for the PX5s or the Px560?

Covering The Full Range Of Casio Privia Pianos

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Dons

A replacement for the PX5s or the Px560?

Unread post by Dons » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm

I remember having read some posts here on a possible replacement for the PX5s or the PX560. Is there any new info out there?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A replacement for the PX5s or the Px560?

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:33 pm

Dons wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm
I remember having read some posts here on a possible replacement for the PX5s or the PX560. Is there any new info out there?
No replacement that I am aware of. We did speculate that Casio might bring out something but I raised this at a meeting I had with them a few weeks ago and they said there was nothing in the works at the moment. All efforts seem to be on the digital piano market.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Uganda
SysExJohn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SysExJohn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Those posts were really just pure speculation about possible new versions.

As far as I'm aware, most manufacturers want at least a five year lifetime, to get the maximum return from the development investment, out of products like digital pianos. If the product is still selling well then they just carry on churning them out until some component is no longer available or some such. I'm sure Casio is no different here.

Whether they replace a product in a particular market nche will also depend on how successful the product has been deemed to be and whether a replacement will sell well. I've no idea what the worldwide sales figures look like for the PX5S or the 560M.

My own guess is that they might start looking at replacing these two keyboards next year, which would mean that they probably wouldn't be made available until late '21 at the very earliest. But I suspect the success of the 1000 and 3000 in this market sector might well delay any start of redesign.

We can but speculate.

I've been trying to recall when the two keyboards came out.
It seems the 5s was around spring time 2013 and the 560 autumn 2015.
So it would seem the 5S should be in lne for an upgrade soon (if ever).
UW500; 2xMU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
Privia PX-560, AN1x, Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Sonar 7 PE and now CbB. XGworks.
Garritan GPO4 and GPO5, COMB2, JABB3, IO, Organs, Steinway, World, Harps ... and now CFX Concert Grand.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:49 pm

I am just guessing but I think the focus certainly over the past two years has been on changing perceptions about the 'CASIO' music brand. And I think I would be right in saying they have succeeded in this? I have had people write to me saying they previously would have been embarrassed to have the name 'Casio' on a keyboard they used for a gig but that is no longer the case :)

I think once the team at Casio are happy with where they are in the market and how the brand is perceived they may well go ahead and bring out a pro level synth to replace the PX5S. They need to be sure people will buy it and it will not end up as another great keyboard that didn't take off simply because it has 'Casio' written on it.

The CT-X series and the new PX series have been a huge success for Casio as has their Grand Hybrid piano range. So things are definitely moving in the right direction (Y)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar United States of America
Dons

Unread post by Dons » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:52 am

Recently, I bought a brand new PX560 and I am pretty happy with it. My very first Casio piano was a PX330 a few years ago. I loved the light weight, good action, and lots of features such as audio in and built in speaker. I think Casio started a new trend with their line of light weight 88 digital pianos with authentic action at a low price point, which forced other big guys to do the same. I want to keep supporting a company like Casio. I agree with Saul that Casio made their name, though I don't feel like they are making us pay for the "name" yet. The name Casio never bothered me in the first place. I don't mind paying for the quality and features, but I am never into paying for name... By the way, I bought PX330 for $600 and sold it to a school teacher for $500. A good resale value! I am thinking that I could buy a white PX-S1000 just for color coordination with my white speakers knowing that it won't break the bank.

It seems that a lot of pro players with the 5s have been waiting for its replacement. I hope Casio will have another big hit when they do so.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 am

Well the good news is that a replacement for the PX5S is on the cards. The bad news is I don't know when. :think:

There has been a lot of discussion about it at Casio and I think it is just down to timing. They need to bring it out at the right time and I don't think that is now. The MODX changed everything so whatever Casio do they will need to pack in the features and keep the quality and price right.

The PX560 though is still a superb keyboard. I think it could be cheaper here in the UK as it's current price is hitting sales but, still great just the same. Let's not forget there is also the PX360 if people can find one. Again great features and definitely a great price.

There is also now the CDP-S350. It loses the touch screen and is not really what I would call a "synth" but it does pack in a lot of sounds and features for the price along with a decent fully weighted set of keys (Y)

Casio have definitely turned the corner in terms of brand perception. Shame they have now found themselves embroiled in this price fixing scandal here. Not that they are the only ones to have done it. Fender are also in trouble and there are others who simply have not been found out yet. Price fixing is against the law in the EU. Something that perhaps the UK will be free of very soon!
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Return to “Casio Privia Piano Forum”