Options for monitoring pianosound

Covers both the Yamaha CP73 & CP88

Moderators: parametric, SeaGtGruff

Jens
Location.: Belgium

Options for monitoring pianosound

Unread post by Jens »

Hello there!

When I play my CP73 through headphones, I get the most wonderful sound.

When I play through my Headrush FRFR108 speaker (guitar branded PA speaker to use with my Line6 helix guitar pedal), the sound is terrible. When I play through classic big PA-monitors or studio monitors, i still find the sound lacks the high definition quality of the headphones.

THe only thing I didn't try is a dedicated keyboard speaker like the Roland KC series or a Behringer one. What do you guys think is the best option for having that pristine piano sound in a room?

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Options for monitoring pianosound

Unread post by Saul »

Hi Jens

Have you checked the frequency response range of the keyboard against the Headrush FRFR108? Also check the spec of your headphones and compare. Guitar amps, pa speakers etc often don't have the range and response to faithfully reproduce everything a keyboard can put out.

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.