Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yamaha FG800M - Best Beginners Guitar?

Unread post by Saul » Sat May 04, 2019 2:19 pm

Yamaha FG800M Acoustic Guitar.jpg
Yamaha FG800M - Best Starter Guitar?
Yamaha FG800M Acoustic Guitar.jpg (95.37 KiB) Viewed 128 times
It's a strange term "beginners guitar". What does that mean exactly? To me it always sounds a derogatory term with connotations of "cheap" and not of particularly high quality. In some way not good enough for "serious guitar players"?

And whilst there may have been some truth to that 40 odd years ago when I started playing I don't think things are quite so clear cut these days.

Back then a "beginners guitar" was definitely going to be all laminate and not good quality laminate at that. The action would normally be too high and the thing would sound like a cheap plywood box with strings on it...which is essentially what most of these guitars were.

Today though the budget guitar market has changed beyond all recognition and is full of pretty good quality instruments that, whilst not endowed with all the aesthetics and refinements found on more expensive guitars still leaves you with a very good instrument for very little money.

The Yamaha FG800M is one such guitar and arguably better than most.

Full Review Here
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer

Return to “Guitar Reviews”