Guitar reviews

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dowina Rustica GAC

Unread post by Saul » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Anyone who has been reading the forum for a while will know that I am a huge fan of Dowina guitars. I talk about them a lot and with good reason. They build wonderful instruments with meticulous attention to detail and superb playability.

Dowina is a family business based in Bratislava, Slovakia and have been making guitars and violins since 1979. There are three ranges, Antique, Vintage and Master series.

The Vintage and Master series are all solid construction and hand crafted in their workshop in Bratislava.
Dowina Rustica GAC.jpg
The entry level Antique series, one of which I look at in this review, have their tonewoods hand chosen by master luthier Stan Marinov. The soundboards and bracing are put together in Bratislava and sent out to Cort in Indonesia where the bodies are assembled along with the rest of the guitars and the soundboard attached. The guitars are then sent back to Dowina where finishing takes place along with setting up and final quality control.

The guitar I am looking at in this review is the Rustica GAC DS from the Antique range and you can read the full review here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors