RE: Portable Music Player Device (help?)

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: RE: Portable Music Player Device (help?)

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:45 pm

I think it's down to the individual drivers though Paul. We have never had any problems at all with ParcelForce. Also not had any problems with DPD. UPS have up to now been ok but I have not used them to send anything myself and as mentioned their tracking seems to be non-existent. Still will wait until Monday and see what happens.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
monsterjazzlicks
Super Patch Creator
Super Patch Creator
Great Britain

Unread post by monsterjazzlicks » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi,

Despite me told that you can not use anything other than a PC/USB cable to charge the Sony Walkman, I have been told on the Sony Forum that in fact I can! However; the main-plug-charger must fit the following criteria:

Yes, a commercially available, third party USB Power Adaptor can be used to charge your music player.

Make sure to select a USB Power Adaptor that has an output current of at least 1 A, and a voltage of 5 V.

There are USB cables available which are being promoted as "For Charging Only". These cables have a reduced internal connection pattern, in which the D+/- communication wires are not connected.

In case your cable needs replacing, make sure that you purchase an original Sony cable at a Sony Authorised Centre, or that the cable is a "fully connected" standard USB cable.

IMPORTANT: Charging via a USB AC adapter outside of these specifications is not covered by the warranty.

I was looking on Amazon and over 1,000 results came up! Is there any way at all, please, to whittle it down to a most suitable handful?

Many thanks,

Paul
monsterjazzlicks
Super Patch Creator
Super Patch Creator
Great Britain

Unread post by monsterjazzlicks » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Hi,

With ref. to the above post, a member on the Sony Forum recommends this generic Amazon charger as being suitable to charge both my Sony NW-A45 Walkman, and MDR-ZX770BN wireless headphones:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FI2P0WW/

But last year - for a similar scenario but regarding a different device - I was warned (on the Yamaha Forum) about incompatible charging-rates etc!

Ta,

Paul

Return to “Chill Out Room”