Ebay or Reverb?

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

User avatar Netherlands
Mimasu

Ebay or Reverb?

Unread post by Mimasu » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:07 pm

Ebay vs Reverb.jpg
Any experience out there?

I normally start with adds on Dutch auction sites. If not sold after some time I use to put them on ebay. Ebay in Holland is very small so I put an add on ebay Germany, sometimes in German, sometimes in English. Worked good most of the time, sold things to all over Europe that way.

Now I hear that Reverb is the place to go.

I'm not really interested in selling outside the EU, but sometimes I do. Any opinions on Reverb for the EU market?

Things Ï'm selling are always guitar related. Guitars, pedals, sometimes an amp.

Leon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ebay or Reverb?

Unread post by Saul » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:11 pm

I don't find Reverb a lot of use if you live outside the USA. They don't have localised versions unfortunately and just convert prices to £/€ so you "think" you are looking at something for sale in your own country only to find it is not.

Also Reverb seems to have been taken over by dealers. Some pretending to be private sellers. Ebay is still the better option at the moment.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar New Zealand
silverlight

Unread post by silverlight » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:11 am

I realise the post is a couple months old already but I recently sold a Roland XV-5080 on reverb. my first experience using the site. I've used ebay a lot over the years. I didn't run into any problems on reverb and would use the site again. i live in Bali and the buyer is in the USA. If you're still thinking about using the site i'm happy to answer any questions you might have...

BR
Dave Needham
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:24 am

Reverb is growing and it's a good to see they now have a location filter and you can select "used" gear only so things have definitely moved on since I last looked at it.

Probably best thing is to use both :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar United States of America
puremusic

Unread post by puremusic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:54 am

I was surprised to find them selling software effects plugins, on a sale right now too.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:13 am

puremusic wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:54 am
I was surprised to find them selling software effects plugins, on a sale right now too.
Reverb seems to be catering to all music related stuff now both hardware and software. Unlike Ebay of course it is very focused on just musicians which, depending on how you look at it can be good or bad. Good because you know the site won't be cluttered with all sorts of stuff you have no interest in and bad because the nature of the site means most people advertising are clued up on what music gear is worth so less scope for any real bargains.

The only other slight negative is that reverb is not as popular as ebay at the moment but of course that will change...for musicians at least :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

User avatar United States of America
puremusic

Unread post by puremusic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:27 am

It's nice to have more options. Honestly I'm surprised there aren't a lot more.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:31 pm

There are quite a few options out there apart from Ebay and Reverb. In the UK we have Gumtree (owned by ebay of course), Preloved, Shpock, freeads.co.uk, ukclassifieds.co.uk and a load of other smaller local boards. In the states I suppose the biggest competitor to Ebay would be craigslist?
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Return to “Chill Out Room”