Apologies for absence and a discovery.

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

purcell
Germany

Re: Apologies for absence and a discovery.

Unread post by purcell » Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 pm

I like the reality!
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wales

Unread post by Derek » Wed May 16, 2018 6:51 pm

purcell wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:12 pm
"Honestly, Purcell, I'm glad I don't inhabit your universe."

I'm really happy about that ... you live in yours!

What is there in 2040, is no longer there or is still there ... nobody knows!
Oh yes! Very harsh climate, worldwide floods and a worldwide lack of drinking water and food are likely to be there!
Don't be so gloomy :) There has been no global warning for over 15 years now. Don't believe everything the doom mongers pedal. The climate changes, but it's mostly due to natural variation. We live on a planet that is 60% water. Technology will create drinking water from sea water if it was needed. It is just not worth it right now for most places. You forget how adaptable man is as a species.

According to the nay sayers of the last century we should have all died of starvation by the fifties or frozen to death in the seventies.

The total of the human race in relative poverty is always falling.

Come on, find something to smile about! ;)
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed May 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Yes it's an odd thing but there is far more good news out there than bad...so why does the media and certain other folks always dwell on the bad stuff? It's a mystery.

As Derek pointed out, this planet is mostly water, people will not die of thirst or lack of irrigation for crops, not because of the environment.

Manipulation by the money men? well that's something different. Most of the current problems in the world are perpetuated and often started by people in back rooms stirring things up in order to manipulate markets, start conflicts where there are none and breed fear in populations in order to push them in certain directions.

There IS enough water and there IS enough food for everyone. Why some people are being forced to survive with so little access to both is a question that needs to be asked of politicians and so called leaders. It certainly is not because we don't have the resources.

That is not to say we should not look after our planet because of course we should, it's the only home we have at the moment but you need to look past the headlines and ask why your seeing these things. Who benefits from making you afraid and angry?
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting - Earn 35% Commission On Referrals! www.rabbittree.uk
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm

You know what? IT IS MAY! not JULY!
I'm sitting here again!!! overheated in the middle of May... at 27 degrees Celsius in the apartment (same as last years!) -
which has been totally overheated since weeks --- day and night!
The sun has been banging from the sky for weeks! Throughout the blue sky - sunshine duration 15 hours daily !!!
Again midsumer in may! As usual!... NO RAIN!!! again since weeks! The harvest is drying up ... as usual in May!

And you tell me something from doommongers ..and other nonscense!!!

I do not listen to this nonsense anymore! The thermometer says the truth! ...again for weeks heat without end!

THAT IS CLIMATE CHANGE!!! For what reason ever! ...But I feel it is billions of cars,planes etc.etc.etc.
THE PLANET (atmosphere!!!) IS NOT MADE FOR THIS! My last comment on this! It´s enough!

"As Derek pointed out,..." his real curios comments!
------------------------------------------------------------------
THE TRUTH!
MAY 2017!!! Germany

Heat wave Germany sweats

Off to the pool! It should get hot up to 35 degrees these days.
The forest fire danger is high, the ozone values ​​rise. After the heat, strong thunderstorms threaten.

It is not even June, but in Germany it is already so hot that the meteorologists of the German Weather Service (DWD) speak of the "Midsummer in late spring". Especially in the west and southwest pops the sun: At the weekend in Trier with 34.3 degrees, the previous regional May record from the year 2009 was broken.
-----------------------------------------------
Now it is MAY 2018 with the same story again! But starting already in APRIL !!! ...and NO RAIN!... since weeks!

Germany moans under the Sahara heat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FvGk9k2ezw

But no! That is not true! The doommongers...again?
By the way: Yesterday I saw Boris Johnson on TV! That´s a doommonger for real! This babbler.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 pm

What your not taking in or possibly refusing to understand is all of this has happened before and more importantly LONG before humans appeared on the planet to apparently cause climate change and global warming.

Perhaps you might have heard of the other extreme a thing called "The Ice Age" which was 10,000 years ago? No heavy industry back then, no man made pollutants, cars or 7 billion people...still a huge Ice Age and before that? Heat and Humidity. Parts of the planet that are now cold were once hot and vice versa...all without our input. The seas rise and cover the land and then fall back again. It's nature.

The earth is going through another cycle. It does it, it's a fact and it will continue to do it and there is nothing we can do about it.

Now do we make our towns and cities unpleasant places to live with all our car fumes, rubbish and noise? Definitely but these things are not having the dramatic effects some people would like you to believe. Again ask yourself who is behind all the scaremongering about climate change? Don't just look at a load of scientists qualifications...ask yourself who sponsors their research? who funds their salaries?

THINK past the headlines.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting - Earn 35% Commission On Referrals! www.rabbittree.uk
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 am

http://www.anthropocene.info/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropocene
------------------------------------------------------
Are they all idiots?

And what a hell of a coincidence! "The earth is going through another cycle!"
We are - in your opinion - in a natural warming phase ... which occurs just there / started ... while I live?

"Again ask yourself who is behind all the scaremongering about climate change?"

My answer: Observe only the FACTS and data!

In germany, one record of heat is set up one after the other, and the centenary records are passed every year!
And always earlier in the year!
There was not one in the last 10-15 years! - normal harvest here!
Everything dried up! Always lack of rain! And the strange heat from April to november every year, I experience myself here!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The earth is going through another cycle!"

Was this statement based on?

Yes! It does for sure! But why it should be a natural one???
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This sudden abrupt change ... of only record temperatures, which are even exceeded each year!
Hurricanes every year more and more. Flooding more and more.

Is certainly not a natural warm phase!
It would be much slower, gentler and much more long-term!
The very rapid development of these processes - clearly indicates an intervention in the Earth's atmosphere, etc.! By whom?
Within one to three centuries.

I see that myself here every year!
And ask the farmer: "Again no normal harvest?" ...
He answers: "Wheat does not work at all! Sugar beets are still going - late in the year!"

In 1960,70,80,90...every year there was a normal wheat harvest! This is over for 20 years.

So! A normal warm phase of the earth starts very gently, is not short-term or as lightning as the process here now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moreover, that's another topic ... where opinions of everyone, beliefs, suspicions etc. are expressed everywhere:
the current process has a cause and consequences.

So there is a reality for the process.
And who exactly predicted the reality of this process, exactly described, according to the facts, has shown ... has won!

And that is always true! :!:
The more complex, inexplicable, absurd a process or observation is, :?: :?: :?:
the more people - even without any knowledge (especially these) talk about it and feel right. "FAKENEWS!" :lol:
It has always been like this! ... and it will stay like that! :mrgreen: :roll:

What really drives me crazy: So once again an unclear process is working... and no one can explain that without any doubt.
Cause - effect - future?

This is no scaremongering - doommongering etc.!

THIS ARE FACTS!!!

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klimagesc ... e_Warmzeit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... te_history

NASA FAKENEWS and NASA scaremongering - doommongering? Even NASA ???

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klimagesc ... german.svg

From - 2 coming to rapid (lightning!) + 6 now! Natural warming in a flash? :!: :!: :!:
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 am

I give up :roll:
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Cayman Islands

Unread post by jima » Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 am

If you trust what is in Wikipedia and believe that because they are there they are 'FACTS' then I really think that there is no point in any further discussion. There are some far more authoritative published works available from people without vested interests if you would really like to understand what is happening with our climate. As the forum title suggests, chill out!
Jim
Loves keyboards but so little time :(
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Hard to chillout!
Nitrogen dioxide in diesel exhaust These cities have a problem with dirty air!
A new balance sheet of the Federal Environment Agency shows that the air pollution from older diesel cars is sinking.
But around 70 German cities still exceed the limit value for nitrogen dioxide.

With us all values ​​- especially SO2 - are always exceeded!
Day and night! A consequence of the completely crazy car traffic here!
More cars than inhabitants ... meanwhile?
Streets of 1970 / 1980 now have to deal with the tens of times traffic! Everything completely unplanned. Everything does not matter.

A flight to London for 15 €? The atmosphere thanks for that. Contrails, chemtrails etc ....

http://www.deutschlandfunk.de/abgase-im ... _id=355766

Newly discovered! Even ships cause environmental problems with their dirty diesel exhaust. (Discovered all of a sudden!)

But it is all ok1 Because I´m only a little stupid scaremonger!
Even reading the "lying press"! Deutsch: Lügenpresse! ... or FAKEpress.
jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Cayman Islands

Unread post by jima » Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 pm

You do know that dinosaurs aren't really extinct, don't you?
Jim
Loves keyboards but so little time :(
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wales

Unread post by Derek » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 pm

I'll try saying we're doomed, but it just doesn't work for me. Then again, I don't live in a city, so you do have my sympathy there. But get out of a city and the picture is different.

Interestingly enough, there was a fascinating article in the Telegraph today about the current "climate" of defeatism that we seem to be gripped in. It is very true and worth a read, but a shame it is behind a pay wall. But you may be able to look at it as papers occasionally allow access to articles.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... declinism/

Nothing more to say really after that, as our views are polar opposites and I do not buy the scaremongering that the Climate change brigade still pedal, but you do. Fair enough.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 am

Eat it or die ...! That's the wrong way.

For me it is always amazing in which absolute claims
here opinions / convictions and interpretations of phenomena, elections, events are represented.

Undoubtedly, some of them are absolutely right. For. ex that Windows 10/MAC drama.
Was presented here absolutely correct - with complete background - and is true! That was also very instructive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But that does not mean, that everything else has to be right!
Brexit (when will it finally start?) Climate Change, dinosaurs,planet earth,.. is no Windows 10!

Would be really exciting!
How does this forum - and especially the forum leaders - interpret the phenomena DARK MATTER and DARK ENERGY!
I am really looking forward to the answers. The answers or interpretations were always good for a surprise!

When I talk to people about these topics in Germany, I have never experienced a complete distortion of my statements.
In addition, this is usually discussed openly. Like a discussion in a team.
I write something here ... I will immediately presented the absolute opposite of my statement.

What´s wrong with this?
Despite the change between colder and warmer climates, the climate of the Holocene as a whole is considered a very stable phase in the history of the earth, which is often seen as a positive prerequisite for the development of human advanced cultures. For the beginning of the Holocene and the climatic fluctuations over longer periods of a few centuries or millennia, earth orbit parameters, especially in the higher latitudes, have given the decisive impetus. They were reinforced by changes in ice cover, greenhouse gas concentration and vegetation. Already at the end of the last glacial period, the earth showed a stronger inclination towards the sun in the northern summer, and the point closest to the sun shifted from winter to autumn and later to summer. This gave the areas north of 65 ° width, a 10% higher irradiation. This triggered the melting of ice and snow masses, highlighting the ice-albedo effect: Less radiation was reflected, but absorbed by the newly emergent darker and vegetation-covered areas. The gradually warming oceans emptied carbon, which increased the CO2 content of the atmosphere and thus increased the greenhouse effect.

The trend of cooling in the middle and higher latitudes of the northern hemisphere since the main optimum of the Holocene is also attributed to a change in precession, which, over a cycle of 23,000 years, causes the inclination of the Earth's axis on the elliptical orbit. 9,000 years ago, N summer was in perihelion, the closest point to the sun, while today it is located in Aphel, the sunniest pub. In addition, there was a decrease of 1 ° in the axial inclination of the Earth during the last 9,000 years, so that both astronomical effects at 65 ° N resulted in a 10% reduction in solar radiation. The orbital impulse has also been enhanced by feedback effects in the vegetation.

But conclude with it now!

I prefer to talk about the YAMAHA synths of 2020.
Since your totally confident prognosis ... would be very useful! Because verifiable.
My prognosis is very simple ... as always what YAMAHA concerns since 2014!
In 2020 YAMAHA will - as always - bring nothing new on the market!

Jima: "You do know that dinosaurs aren't really extinct, don't you?"

For sure! There are still crocodiles!
:!: :mrgreen:
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 am

I THINK THIS PARTICULAR "KETTLE" HAS BEEN BOILING LONG ENOUGH.

LET'S GET BACK TO MUSIC - SHALL WE?
:/:
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri May 18, 2018 10:13 am

Agreed. Topic locked. If anyone wants to start a new thread specifically about climate change and perhaps how this affects us as musicians i.e tone wood availability for guitars etc now that would be interesting ;) (Y)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Return to “Chill Out Room”