FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Your A-Z Gear List

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

squishmusic Ireland
Where Are You Located?: Sweden

Your A-Z Gear List

Unread post by squishmusic »

I am a subscriber to a YT channel (Woodys Piano Shack - he's maybe in here?) which I enjoy.
He made a video of all the gear he ever owned and then I thought that might be a fun topic to post and discuss the merits of said gear stuff you regret selling and why some items you will never part with and any fun facts stories around the gear.
So, I made my own list and I was shocked how much Id got through! (bold are the items I currently have)

SYNTHS: Alesis Micron, Casio VL1, Emu Orbit 2020 Dance Module, Emu PROformance1+:Piano Module, Korg MS2000R, KORG MS20 (orig 1978), Novation BassStation, Yamaha DJX1, Yamaha PSS580, Yamaha TG33, YAMAHA SY35

CONTROLLERS: Novation RemoteLE, Novation RemoteZero SL, Novation XioSynth, M-Audio Radium 61

SEQUENCERS: Yamaha QY10, & Yamaha QY70, Yamaha RM1X, Yamaha MDF1, MDF2

SAMPLERS/DRUM MACHINES: AKAI S2000, Emu ESi32 sampler, Yamaha SU10.
KORG Electribe ES2, Boss DR550 mkII, Korg Kaossilator, Yamaha DD10.

EFFECTS: Alesis 3630, Alesis AirFX, Behringer UltraDyne 9024, Yamaha FX500, Zoom 1202FX, 1204FX, Zoom G1n/B1n

MIXERS: A&H ZED10, Behringer mixer802, FOSTEX VM04, Folio 8-2mixer, KORG D8 multitrack, Yamaha AW16

Miss very much: Probably what I first bought PSS580 and TG33. That was my setup for 4 years (recording into QY10). So yeah nostalgia.

Regret selling: Most of the regrets were because I had to sell due to space limits, but if I could buy again and had the space it would be: TG33, MS2000, RM1X, AW16 and maybe the DD10 toy drum :D Regret only making (or saving) one track I did on MS2000R.

Best item: The Korg MS20. I picked that up in a jumble sale in the 80s. I hadnt even started writing music then but I wanted to learn piano. Ha. The guy said to me "dunno if it works mate so have it for a quid"!
It works 95%! (just mod wheel broke) I almost blew my ear drums on that thing: I was twiddling random knobs with no idea! I still get a shudder now of that ear-drum pop feeling. :/ Also found the Novation Xio in the trash: perfect condition. I do wonder why people dont send them to proper electronic recycling! *grr*

Wacky item: The Alesis AirFX. Wave your hands like a loon. Im ok without that. Its very random and not much use. I hear the D-beams come in for a lot of similar criticisms...but who was first with this Roland or Alesis (ignoring the theremin)...?

I never really got on with the samplers, tiny screens and menu diving. The SU10 was fun though to run some spoken samples through. I sold the S2000 to a swedish band, unknown to me it was The Ark (quite famous here). They arrived to buy it with no money and then 'kidnapped' me and the sampler in a beat up FordTransit to go to the cash machine and made me walk home lol
music@https://soundcloud.com/squishmusic
https://www.facebook.com/squishmusic/

Gear:: Arturia Microfreak, Behringer Neutron, Behringer TD-3-BB, Casio VL1-X2, Korg Electribe ES2, Korg MS-20, Korg Volca Sample, Moog Werkstatt01, Novation NovaIIX, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland XV5080, Soundcraft EFX8, Yamaha TX81z, Yamaha MK-100, Yamaha DJX1, Yamaha QY70-X2.
FX :: Alesis Midiverb II, Echooos delay, Zoom G1on, Zoom MSCDR-70, Line6 SpaceChorus.
iOS :: iMaschine, iKaossilator, Nanoloop, Nanostudio, iMPC, Reason.
Gear I miss: Nostalgic for my Yamaha TG33 & RM1X. Good days with them :D
WANT list:: Elektron Octatrack mk1 & Yamaha PSS380.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Re: Your A-Z Gear List

Unread post by Saul »

Good topic and as most of us are not doing much else a trip down memory lane is very welcome indeed :)

I don't know where to start. I suppose I could try and list everything I have owned going right back to the '80s.

These are the ones I can remember but I have a feeling there were more.

Yamaha FB-01
Yamaha PSS 680
Yamaha PSR 60
Ensoniq Mirage
Ensoniq ESQ1
Ensoniq SQ1+
Kawai K5
Kawai K4
Casio VZ-1
Roland XP50
Yamaha SY85
Yamaha Piaggero NP12
Yamaha SY77
Roland D50
Roland Fantom X6
Roland Fantom XA
Roland Fantom G
Alesis Fusion
Korg Triton Classic
Korg Triton Studio
Korg M50
Korg M3
KORG Micro Arranger
KORG Nanokey 2
KORg Microkey Air
CME UF8
M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
Yamaha MOX
Yamaha MOXF
Yamaha XS
E-Mu E-Synth
Roland Juno Di
Roland DS88
Roland FA-07
Akai Advance 49
Native Instruments S61
Yamaha MODX8
Casio CT-X700
Casio PX-S1000
Arturia Keylab 61 MKII
Novation Remote 61SL
Novation Impulse 49
Numotion Curveboard

Those are just the keyboards and one module that I can remember but there will no doubt be others along the way.

Regretted selling? I still have the Yamaha MODX8, Casio CT-X700, Casio PX-S1000 and Curveboard so leaving those aside I guess I would have kept quite a few if I had space. in particular the Roland DS88, KORG Triton Classic, KORG M3, Roland XP50, Alesis Fusion, Roland Fantom X6 and the Roland Fantom G.
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
squishmusic Ireland

WOWzers! Thats is some list lol, and we match on absolutely nothing! :D
Closest was the PSS680. My very first musical instrument was the 580. Bought it last year and sold it, only bcoz the profit margin was massive lol. Anyway, just now won it again on bid on BayE (austria). Having said that and got all excited, since I will keep this one, the guy is only taking bank transfer...hmmm, I have to read up how this is on BayE. I sniff something here..

Gear:: Arturia Microfreak, Behringer Neutron, Behringer TD-3-BB, Casio VL1-X2, Korg Electribe ES2, Korg MS-20, Korg Volca Sample, Moog Werkstatt01, Novation NovaIIX, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland XV5080, Soundcraft EFX8, Yamaha TX81z, Yamaha MK-100, Yamaha DJX1, Yamaha QY70-X2.
FX :: Alesis Midiverb II, Echooos delay, Zoom G1on, Zoom MSCDR-70, Line6 SpaceChorus.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

I wouldn't do a bank transfer for anything bought on eBay unless I knew the seller personally. You would have no protection if the seller didn't send/item was lost etc.

Anyway, if you pay via PayPal for example, the money doesn't go to PayPal, it goes direct into the sellers bank account. eBay split with PayPal a couple of years ago and all eBay accounts now need to have money paid into a bank account. It takes longer though. There is a two business day "processing" time and then it can be one to four days before the money hits your bank.

eBay say that both buyers and sellers benefit from this new system but that is of course complete bollocks. The ONLY beneficiery is eBay. 🤬
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
squishmusic Ireland

I always pay via paypal for eBay...but as you say now its direct bank via ebay.

I was immediately suspicious of this seller. However i did trawl the last 10 or so transactions and his feedback is ok.
But this was via eBay Germany and I read on the community pages that unlike the UK paypal is not default, and one can use bank transfer and apparently that attracts ebay buyer protection too....Im still going to message the seller to use paypal, even if its only 21€, very cheap for a PSS580 - prolly coz the damn thing needs a clean and is covered in stickers :D

Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

As long as it is confirmed by eBay that you can use direct bank transfer for the purchase then it is a viable option. From their point of view, I guess the main thing is that the transaction is done via eBay or an approved method and that the seller pays the eBay fees. (Y)
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook