Rabbit Tree Studio

One for the over 40's club :)

Kick back and talk about anything here. Music or non Music related..Anything goes....within reason!

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

One for the over 40's club :)

Unread post by Saul »

LED Torch To Help Vision.png
Small torch costing £12 offers hope for over 40s with poor eyesight

Staring at a small LED flashlight 'significantly improves vision' in ageing eyes according to a new study by scientists at UCL

A study by University College London, involving a small sample size of 24 people, has shown that staring at long-wavelength light for three minutes every day can "significantly improve vision" in those aged 40 and above.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... -eyesight/

Now THAT is something I could definitely do with (Y)

Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

tux
Location.: Europe

Re: One for the over 40's club :)

Unread post by tux »

I'd take that with a large pinch of salt. In a few years we might get a different study that comes to the opposite conclusion.
My Yamaha RM50 page
My Yamaha synths: RM50, TG77, TG500, CS6R (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-DX)

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

tux wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:28 pm
I'd take that with a large pinch of salt. In a few years we might get a different study that comes to the opposite conclusion.
And what scientific evidence do you have for that?
Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

Rara
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Australia

Unread post by Rara »

I'd be happy to try this.
I'd be even happier if some one invented a way for eyes to focus on tiny things like they used to,
I am always forgetting where I put my glasses, grrr :-)

Rara 0-)

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Same Rara. I would be happy to give it a go.

I wear glasses for distance and reading. Distance I am not so bothered about as my glasses do a fine job with that but reading and looking a tiny objects can be a real strain sometimes. And it is a complete non-starter without my glasses :(
Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Wales, UK

Unread post by Derek »

I am at the age where for close up work and fine print reading the glasses have to come off.

In terms of the original article, I read it in the paper today (yes, i am a telegraph reader ;) ) and it was quite intriguing. It is not the type of paper to print rubbish (like "Tutan Karmen found buried in man united football strip - surely it was Liverpool! ;) ) so I would assume some grain of truth in it and if my eye sight was failing it is something I would look at. (pardon the pun). And likewise UCL is no hick organisation either. The only thing I would say however is that the sample group is quite small, so it ought to tested for efficacy across a larger group.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

I am a telegraph subscriber Derek and I would agree it is definitely one of the better papers out there (Y)

The article and the researchers at UCL are 100% genuine but as you say the test group was rather small and this would need to be carried out on a much wider scale for the results to be truly meaningful but still, it does bode well for the future :)
Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr