GeneralMusic Forum - From the WK series to the GEM S2/S2 Turbo/S3/S3 Turbo, Equinox and Genesys. It all goes here.
Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 3613
- Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:00 am
DarekF wrote: ↑
Fri May 10, 2019 2:49 pm
Can you help me to set up midi ports in GEM WS1? I want GEM WS1 to be just a driver for Ketron Mid J Pro. Currently, after connecting the instruments with mid cables, the MIDI signal dioda in Mid J Pro it burns red all the time. In my opinion, I tried all the settings in Mid J Pro, but nothing helped.
I will be grateful for your suggestions.
Darek - Make SURE you have:
GEM WS1 midi OUT connected to Ketron Mid J Pro midi IN and . .
GEM WS1 midi IN connected to Ketron Mid J Pro midi OUT.
BOTH devices need to be set to the same midi channel
(probably channel 1, but can
Hope that helps
Alesis Fusion 8SSD
- BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96
NI Komplete11 Ultimate
Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module
BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE
- http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217
Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)
IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE"
- Site Admin
- Posts: 11529
- Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:00 am
Have you connected your GEM WS1 with any other midi instruments or software to check that the midi out works?
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 9:45 am
Thank you for your response. I will be able to check it out next week. I'll let you know after checking.