GEM S2 Sounds

GeneralMusic Forum - From the WK series to the GEM S2/S2 Turbo/S3/S3 Turbo, Equinox and Genesys. It all goes here.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

GEM S2 Sounds

Unread post by Saul » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:59 pm

If your looking for a few extra sound disks and utils for the S2 the site below has quite a few. The site iteslf is in Italian but the download page is in English.

I don't have an S2 myself although it's on my wish list, so if you do have one and you download these sounds let me know what you think of them.

http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/turbopa ... dsengl.htm
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
iddod

broken link

Unread post by iddod » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:48 pm

hiya, just thought I'd point out that the link above is broken... I'm assuming the link below takes you to the same files, maybe different server...

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/turbopage/downloads.html#

I've tried almost all these disk images, there's a few that are excellent, a few that suck, still worth grabbing them all cos they're free :D

Does anyone have any disk images that aren't here?
Anyone have the CD's from the GemClub (the place that costs £35 to join, yet always seems to be unavailable)
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:50 pm

Thanks for pointing out the broken link. It was fine when posted but obviously something has changed since and your new link goes to the correct page :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
johnlupino

Unread post by johnlupino » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:37 am

Does somebody know how to convert sound disks from S2/S3 to the Equinox format? I've tried to load them directly into my Equinox but it failed :(.

Rado
Etaoin

Unread post by Etaoin » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:34 pm

And don't forget www.gem-club.com for S-series sound disks. There are around 160 of them on there. You need to pay for a login though.

Louis
(S3 Turbo owner)
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:05 pm

If we can get together as many GEM sounds as possible they will be free on this site. I'll have to have a bit of a dig around and see what I can find.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Etaoin

Unread post by Etaoin » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:53 pm

I'm not quite sure what the legal status of the 167 disk images I downloaded from gem-club is. Most if not all of them are original GEM disks, so I doubt gem-club has any copyright on them, but it may be they bought the distribution rights off GEM at some point in time. After all, GEM never gave them away either.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:50 pm

It is something I will check out with GEM. Of course I'm not suggesting we make available the disks from the Gem club if they are copyright. But if we can make them available legally and free on this site then it's good for everyone :)

By the way, are any of the disc images you downloaded from the GEM club the same as some of the one's here: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/turbopage/downloads.html#
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Etaoin

Unread post by Etaoin » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:08 am

I have put the GEM Club disk list up here: http://www.dompselaar.org/GEM/gemclub_disklist.pdf for reference. Everything starting with CH is an originel GEM disk. The others, especially the user disks, probably were donated by GEM Club users over the years. Here is the official sound disk list from GEM: http://www.dompselaar.org/GEM/gem_s_sounddisks.pdf and song disks: http://www.dompselaar.org/GEM/gem_s_songdisks.pdf

As far as I can tell, all the images on the Italian site are from original GEM disks. For example, the 808&909 disks matches disk 57, 80's volume 2 matches disk 90, the Moog disk is disk 115.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:24 am

Thanks for the links, they are a very useful resource :)

I have contacted GEM about the discs although if I remember right their customer support was never that great. Maybe things have improved, we'll see.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

smaugh

Gemcub Disks

Unread post by smaugh » Sun May 22, 2005 4:06 pm

Saul:

Did you get a response from GEM yet, about the diks?
The reason why i ask this is because i'd love to see them disks here as i'm not a gemclub member.
I'd love to stuff my S2R with these.

Thanks either way, though:)
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sun May 22, 2005 4:29 pm

No, as expected there was never any reply from GEM. It's no wonder they can't seem to crack the synth market here in the UK!

If anyone has any of the GEM Club discs apart from the one's originally put out by GEM can you let me know who the copyright holder is? There must be some information on the discs somewhere.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Etaoin

Unread post by Etaoin » Sun May 22, 2005 7:15 pm

I'll have a look Saul (need to boot up the old Win98 machine to use ImagePro -- the format the GEMClub disks are in).
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sun May 22, 2005 7:41 pm

Ok thanks for that. I'm sure we can get more GEM discs in the downloads here one way or another :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Etaoin

Unread post by Etaoin » Sun May 22, 2005 8:42 pm

The CH001 through CH127 disks are original GEM disks
The SH_001 and SH_016 are marked "Super Dance Pro Rec Sample Series"
The ST001 through ST023 are marked "Stor Technology Sample Series"
The SX disks are just "sample disk" or "user disk"
The UH likewise
I guess most of the latter two categories would be contributions through the old GEM Club magazine that formed the basis for the website.

Return to “GeneralMusic Forum - GEM S2, S3, WK, Equinox and Genesys”