GEM S2 and Cubase SX.

GeneralMusic Forum - From the WK series to the GEM S2/S2 Turbo/S3/S3 Turbo, Equinox and Genesys. It all goes here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

LucaBrasi

GEM S2 and Cubase SX.

Unread post by LucaBrasi » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:31 pm

Hi.

First, great forums. Very helpful stuff!!

I have a question...

I know how to turn LOCAL OFF so I can use the gem as midi keyboard with CUBASE SX, but what if I simply want to play a song I created with the S2 - and import it to PC? Or simply hear it in cubase, so I can record it to cd later? I tried a lot of stuff, but it simply doesn't work. Cubase makes his own sounds, and even if I can play S2 sounds on cubase, it's just alone, and not within a preformance and banksong transmission...

anyone have any idea?

10x!
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:35 pm

Welcome aboard Luca. Nice to see another S2 owner on the site :)

If I understand you correctly. What you need to do is actually record as Audio. That is taking the audio outs of the S2 into your sound card and recording Audio tracks in Cubase. That's the only way you'll get the S2 sounds to play on your computer without using the S2 as a sound module and simply being triggered by midi from the SX.

Maybe there's an easier way but that's how I would do it.
LucaBrasi

Unread post by LucaBrasi » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:59 pm

hey saul!
10x for the prompt reply...

I'll try doing that, although I tried something else that nearly had good results - but alas, no: i saves the bank/performance from s2 as a midi file onto a floppy, and then in cubase imported the midi file. all 156 tracks were imported... but with the wrong sounds... and idea how to load sounds from s2 to cubase, then?

10x so much!

Return to “GeneralMusic Forum - GEM S2, S3, WK, Equinox and Genesys”