Equinox Sounds

GeneralMusic Forum - From the WK series to the GEM S2/S2 Turbo/S3/S3 Turbo, Equinox and Genesys. It all goes here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Equinox Sounds

Unread post by Saul » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:44 pm

Just came across this link whilst surfing. http://web.infinito.it/utenti/e/eq_mmps/index.htm

There's some downloads there and althought site is not great and looks like it's not been updated in a while the downloads still work. Not sure how good they are though.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Gray
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Gray » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:17 pm

Nice link.
Actually that page is one of the greatest ressources for the Equinox. Makes you wonder about General Music's support policy. :roll:
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm

Might be an idea to knock an Equinox site together? Easy enough. Don't see why an instrument that seems to get rave reviews from everyone who has owned or owns one now shouldn't get the support it deserves.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Gray
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Gray » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:42 am

saul wrote:Might be an idea to knock an Equinox site together?
Funny you should say that, Saul. I have actually been working on something for some time now. But you'll all hear more of that soon! :wink:
As we've been talking here with you guys I have gotten a lot of inspiration and enthusiasm. :)
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:33 am

Well let me know when your site is ready and we'll of course link to it from here. If you need any help give me a shout ok. :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Gray
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Gray » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:16 pm

saul wrote:Well let me know when your site is ready and we'll of course link to it from here. If you need any help give me a shout ok. :)
Great. Thanks. :)
nuada

EQ web-site

Unread post by nuada » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:46 am

Greetings,

I initially had an Eq site going. It was the first one and then Palio put up the Italian site to take some of the load off of mine as a sister site. More and more of my time was taken to answer questions when most of the people simply didn't read the manual and play with their Eq. When I would point this out, I would often hear rebuke. Feeling as if I was no longer of service and had turned into a playground for peoples gripes I simply took it down. By request, the Italian site took many of the posts off of my board and placed them into a file on Palio's. I direct people there often. So I don't think he would be too upset if you felt free to grab that file yourself for your board. All of you seem like you want to really learn something and that is exciting!!!! :D

Drop me a line if you get it up and I will drop by when I can and see if I can't lend a hand.

The Eq really is one of the most spectacular synth workstations ever made. (But I think the Motif gives it run for it's money)
Other than my E-mu rack units I now use two computers running soft-synths, two MIDI controllers and my Equinox while performing live.
My baby....puuuurrrrrrrrrr :D

Good luck!

Yours,
Nuada
Angelic_Layer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Angelic_Layer » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:54 am

I never seen an equinox in Malaysia, from your reviews it must be good but I never heard much of it?
nuada

New sounds

Unread post by nuada » Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:02 pm

A posting on pads and atmospheres in another room made me think that I should post this:
Once again, I am sure you EQ people already know this but it really holds true for all workstations and most musicians don't take advantage of it....

Don't forget you can compound the complexity of your sounds and pads by turning them into multi-layer performances. You have up to 16 sounds PLUS the number of layers you set for EACH voice. Just be aware of sound stealing. Effects really eat things up so assign the effects to the entire performance and not the sounds directly (at least the majority of the time).
It is the exact same thing as setting several of your soft or hardware synths to respond to one midi channel so they all play together in your computer sequencer to create phat pads and evolving atmospheres.
Now imagine that with other sounds in your sequencer and then playing the other synth engine over that! Holy cow Batman!

A simple example is:
I put the electric guitar, jazz guitar, distorted guitar presets together and layered them on three channels with their wave begin times set about 1/4 of a second apart. This created, what sounds like an unusally processed guitar. Very complex if you rrrreeeaaalllyyy listen to it. It also highlighted the "click" sound of a pick hitting the string (don't ask me why or how). I use that patch or "performance" now for all my guitar sounds. I constantly get comments from fans about my guitar playing. :lol:
When they see me live they freak out and get confused. With proper technique on the pitch and mod wheels your cooking. That is why I often use one of my strap-on Roland Ax controllers to play it (i.e. so they see the finger work of the guitar sound and make the mental leap which they don't get when I play down upon a flat keyboard surface).

A good example are the tracks "Pyramids on Ether", "Fairies and Elementals Decending Upon The Old Oak at Dawn" and "Palace of Evermore" from the 'Other Realms' CD.

But you see how simple it can be and the power of a work station at your command. It took me 4 minutes to program and I have used it extensively for as many years.

So using the presets to create new performances is the simplest and fastest way to start making your own sounds. Much like a random sound generator. Then if you really catch on to something, go deeper and start editing the sound(s) that need tweeking.
And don't forget to use your own cool sounds in layered performances.

I hope this wasn't over presumptious of me. I also have to quit leaving these amazingly loooooong posts! :P

Keep me informed what you come up with.

Return to “GeneralMusic Forum - GEM S2, S3, WK, Equinox and Genesys”