Yamaha PSR-SX Video - Be inspired?

Based on the PSR-S series, the SX series models have been completely redesigned and come with a wide array of exciting new features for even more playing, composition and songwriting possibilities.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul, SeaGtGruff

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yamaha PSR-SX Video - Be inspired?

Unread post by Saul » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:55 am

As much as I do like the whole PSR-SX concept I am always a little puzzled by some of the promo videos :think:

I can only assume these videos are directed in Japan because they certainly don't tick the right boxes for a Western audience. The one above is a perfect example of this.

In this video we see a young women apparently coming up with an idea for a song and then recording it on the PSR-SX. The problem is we don't hear any playing and the "song" is not really a song as such, just some "La, la la's" over a backing track.

Yamaha did the same with some of their latest guitar videos. All backing track over "lifestyle" video.

Would be nice if someone could tell the producers of these videos that no one is interested in seeing someone badly acting to a backing track. We are "musicians" and we want to see and hear the instrument(s) being played and preferably not by actors unless they also happen to be musicians.

I know it is splitting hairs and not a deal breaker for anyone looking to buy a PSR-SX or any other instrument but Yamaha could do so much better.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Uganda
SysExJohn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Yamaha PSR-SX Video - Be inspired?

Unread post by SysExJohn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Quite agree, Saul.

The word that sprang to mind, almost instantly, was "pathetic!"

Surely, a company with all the resources that Yamaha has, could do a trifle better than this load of garbage.
(And stop calling me Shirley!) ;)
UW500; 2xMU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
Privia PX-560, AN1x, Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Sonar 7 PE and now CbB. XGworks.
Garritan GPO4 and GPO5, COMB2, JABB3, IO, Organs, Steinway, World, Harps ... and now CFX Concert Grand.

Return to “Yamaha PSR-SX Forum”