Tutorials.

Based on the PSR-S series, the SX series models have been completely redesigned and come with a wide array of exciting new features for even more playing, composition and songwriting possibilities.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul, SeaGtGruff

Rattler

Tutorials.

Unread post by Rattler »

Hi !.. Having owned a Tyros 5 some while ago, then a Nord Piano !, I have now moved back to Yamaha in the shape of an sx900 .. which I an enjoying !.
BUT, I could really do with access to some Tutorials to shortcut my way back into my 900.
The ones I have seen on the Yamaha site and Youtube are ok but insufficient in many ways .. and as usual i find difficulty translating the Owners Manual and Reference Manual !
So my question is, are there any different sx 900 Tutorial to be had ?. Or will there be any soon.
I would appreciate any help in this.
Thanks for having me on your forum.

Alan.

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tutorials.

Unread post by SeaGtGruff »

Welcome, Rattler!

I don't think I've seen any tutorial videos for the PSR-SX models yet, at least not what I'd call tutorials-- more like demos and advertisements.

Hopefully some of the PSR-SX owners will start putting some actual tutorial videos together.

Or were you talking about something from Yamaha? Yamaha doesn't seem to do many, if any at all, training or tutorial videos the way some of the other keyboard companies do.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

Welcome to the forums Rattler :)

It's fairly early days for the PSR-SX900. Some parts of the world still have not seen it in stock at their dealers.

I would guess that most people who own one who would be likely to make a tutorial video will still be spending time going through all the features and functions before uploading something worthwhile.

It is certainly a very interesting keyboard and has garnered a lot more interest than many past PSR releases. Probably in part due to its association with Genos although from what I have seen I would say it has far more in common with previous PSR's than Genos?
Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

losackmd

Unread post by losackmd »

here is the only tutorial of the basics

im still stuck on how to use LOGIC PRO X to midi control the MIDI sequencers of the SX900
i.e. loading in an Mp3 that is midi multi track sequenced. ( midi tracks ) and then have the ability to modify each track
in LOGIC

GL

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

Unread post by parametric »

Both Manuals are typically Useless for information on use with a computer/DAW

Your best option is to set Logic to receive midi on 16 Tracks, allocating channels 1-16.

Set the SX900 to send midi on those channels.

<PLAY> the songs on the SX and Record the 16 Tracks in Logic.

THIS should record the instruments 1-4, the Chords or whatever 5-8 and the Style content 9-16

You can then edit the midi in Logic.

When you PLAY the track back in Logic, it should sound through the SX900 exactly as if the SX had played it.

This should work either via USB, OR the DIN-Midi connections, if you are Using a Midi Interface.

(I don't have a PSR and have never used one . . . .)

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

SysExJohn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Wellingborough, Northants, UK.

Unread post by SysExJohn »

losackmd wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:06 pm
im still stuck on how to use LOGIC PRO X to midi control the MIDI sequencers of the SX900
i.e. loading in an Mp3 that is midi multi track sequenced. ( midi tracks ) and then have the ability to modify each track
in LOGIC

GL
Not sure if I'm misreading what you're asking here, but an mp3 file doesn't contain any MIDI data, it's just a compressed wav file, i.e. audio.
You can't modify this track by track.

Or have I misunderstood?

JohnG.
UW500; 2 x MU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
Privia PX-560; AN1x; Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Finale 26; Sonar 7 PE and CbB.
XGworks v4; SQ01; SOL2. Garritan GPO5; COMB2; JABB3; IO; Organs; Steinway; World; Harps; CFX Concert Grand.

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff »

I think he might just be calling it by the wrong name? That is, from what he's said, it does contain MIDI tracks, in which case it must be a MIDI file, and not an MP3 file. But I could be wrong. :)
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710